Frodo and the Spider

*No One Pov*

Gollum is leading Frodo up a long Ravine between columns of torn and weathered rocks. Sam had already left, when Frodo sent him off on his way. Frodo was panting as he held onto his necklace as the ring was growing heavier. Ahead of them is a great wall, a last huge mass of mountain- stone and in the shadows at the base of the towering rocks lies a tunnel. A foul stench seeps out of the black hole as Frodo pulls back, horrified by the smell.

“What is this place?” Frodo asked Gollum exhausted from the climb.

“Master must go inside the tunnel.” Gollum hissed edging towards the dark cave.

“Now that I'm here, I don't think I want to.” Frodo spoke slightly unsure as he took another step backwards. Gollum is sensing his plan unraveling. Everything depends on Frodo going inside the tunnel, as he tried to convince Frodo to enter the cave.

“It's the only way.” He told Frodo in an innocent voice.

“Go in - or go back.” He added slyly as Frodo just stares on into the darkness of the cave.

“I can't go back.” Frodo muttered under his breath as Gollum smirked and his eyes showed his mischievous scheme, though his sparse oily hair hanging like rank weed over his hooded eyes prevented Frodo from seeing that Gollum was leading him to his death. Drawing a deep breath and holding his nose Frodo follows after Gollum into the dark reeking tunnel. Frodo was about two minutes in when he began to gag at the stench.

“What's that smell?” He gaged.

“Orcses filth! Orcses come in here sometimes.” Gollum lied through his teeth as they continue on, deep into the dark tunnel. Frodo blinded by darkness is feeling his way in the dark, following the sound, of Gollum’s scampering.                                           

“Hurry!” Gollum whispered in a ghostly voice as Frodo struggles to follow the sounds of Gollum’s voice, from he is extremely tired and the weight of the ring grows heavier every second.

“This way.” Gollum called out once again, but as Frodo’s eyes adjusted he couldn’t see Gollum anywhere in the murky tunnel.

“Smeagol!” Frodo called out frightened.

“Over here.” His ghostly voice called out again as Frodo slips as he tries to follow the voice. He puts his hand to the wall to steady himself but quickly yanks it away as strands of a white thread stuck to his hand.

“It's sticky . . . What is it?” Frodo asked but Gollum is nowhere to be seen ... only his voice echoes back down the labyrinth of tunnels.

“You will see . . . Oh, yes . . . You will see.” His harsh hisses creep out from his mouth as Frodo freezes frightened and lost.

“Smeagol! Smeagol!” Frodo shouted out nervous as he received no answer, no echo, not even a tremor in the air.

“Smeagol!” Frodo called out in panic as Frodo realizes with horror that Gollum has deserted him! Frodo breathing hard passing all manner of creatures, trussed up in evil WEB-LIKE material. A bubbling hiss can be heard through the tunnels. There is a creaking as some great jointed thing moves with slow purpose in the dark and Frodo begins to run in blind Panic...

*Sarah Pov*

I immediately stopped and gasped. Oh Frodo! I clutched my stomach, Frodo get out of there now. I looked up at Gandalf as he saw the look in my eyes.

“No” He whispered. I closed my eyes and focused. Sam go back! SAM HELP HIM!

*No One Pov*