War against Mordor Part 1

*No One Pov*

Aragorn is wearing a breast plate emblazoned with the White Tree of Gondor as he rides at the head of a column of 500 foot soldiers from Rohan and Gondor ... leading them from the ruins of Osgiliath. Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, Merry and Pippin ride directly behind him as they come closer to the mountains of Mordor.

Meanwhile inside Mordor Frodo and Sam, still disguised in the Orc armor, slide down and land on the road below . . . their attention is fixed on the plain below ... thousands of Orcs can be seen marching away from Mt. Doom.

“Look, the Ores! They're moving off. You see, Mr Frodo - some luck at last.” Sam told Frodo with hope as they kept on going. Moving across a hellish dry landscape of twisted volcanic rock and steaming fissures. 40 miles away, Mount Doom rises out of the plain its feet founded in ashen ruin, its huge cone rising to a great height, where its reeking head is swathed in cloud.

Back at the black gates of Mordor, Aragorn’s force of 500 approaches the great Black Gates of Mordor. He positions his troops about half a mile from the GATES. Aragorn musters his men before looking back at the gates, wondering if Frodo was alright and praying that Sarah was not what they feared…

Meanwhile Frodo and Sam are staggering across the tortured landscape, they are no longer wearing the Orc armor. Frodo is walking half-bowed, often stumbling as if his eyes not longer see the way before his feet. His right hand is pressed against his chest supporting a heavy weight of the ring. His left land often rises, as if to ward off some invisible blow. Sam watches him, concern etched across his face. Frodo hears a malevolent voice in his head calling to him . . . "Baggins - Baggins" . . .Sam looking behind him in time to see a ray of red light stabs through the gloom and begins to sweep over the barren landscape . . .

“Fo o g td w rd , e on” Sam’s word were blurred to Frodo’s ears as Sam throws himself to the ground, however Frodo turns to the light, unable to stop himself , as the red light hits him like a searchlight Frodo crumples to the ground. A hissing voice is in the background as a shadow of a female figure steps out only to hiss towards the gate and vanish…

Outside the gate all is quiet and no sign of the enemy anywhere.

“Where are they?” Pippin asked unsure, as Gandalf watchful and alert nods to Aragorn. Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Eomer, Merry and Pippin start galloping towards the black gates. They pull up less than 50 yards from the towering gates...Aragorn moves his HORSE forward.

“Let the lord of the Black Land come forth; let justice be done upon him.” He shouted out as from behind the huge gates, the terrifying chanting and the clanging of the armor of thousands rings. With the sound of tortured metal, the massive gates begin to open. Legolas, Merry and Eomer look on in trepidation. The gates soon swing wide open as Sauron’s Army of 300,000 Orcs march out to meet Aragorn!

“Pull back! Pull back!” Aragorn shouted out as they all gallop back towards their small army as the Orc masses slowly march towards them. With the Eye of Sauron directly watching them. Which is exactly what they wanted.

“It's gone, Mr Frodo.” Sam called out to Frodo as Sam crawls towards Frodo.

“The light's passed on, away towards the North . . . something's drawn it's gaze.” He smiled as Frodo and Sam stagger to their feet and move off..

Meanwhile whilst the massive Orc aym are marching towards Aragorn’s men. Aragorn’s men starting to waver as the Orcs encircle them. Some men are backing away losing their nerve. Aragorn gallops in front of his army.

“Hold your ground - hold your ground! Sons of Gondor - of Rohan . . . my brothers!” He shouted out as Aragorn notices he seems to have fix each and every one of his men with his eyes.

“I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of Men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day – an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down - but it is not this day!!! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth - I bid you stand!” Aragorn called out as he held out Anduril high.

“Men of the West!” He shouted out, as the Orcs kept on marching.

“Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf.” Gimli whispered to Legolas

“What about side by side with a friend?” Legolas asked quietly. Gimli looks up into the eyes of Legolas, with whom he has shared so much. The gruff dwarf smiles quietly . . . .

“Aye - I could do that.” He replied as Legolas drops his hand on Gimli’s shoulder slowly they turn and face the enemy together. Suddenly the Orcs marching suddenly stopped and they spilt almost to let someone threw. As they did the echoing of the metal boots rang. A sword was drawn, as a figure came into view. Sarah. She laughed evilly her eyes red and black of evil. She was dressed in this:

i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/Eldanildiel/Kristin-Bauer-as-...

She snarled up at her fellow companions as they all gasped. Gimli and Gandalf were horrified, Legolas was heartbroken and Aragorn was ready to shatter. She snarled as she commanded out in Black Speech and the army began to move once again completely surrounding Aragorn’s men ready for attack but they stopped as Sarah walked forward. She pulled out the mithril shirt of Frodo’s and threw it towards them as Gandalf caught it.

“Who would have thought someone so little could endure so much pain? I personally enjoyed his torture. His blood is delicious” Her voice dripping with poison rang, it wasn’t her own as Merry and Pippin gasped at the shirt.

“No. Frodo” They whispered.

“You have no chance. You’re a fool Gandalf the Grey!” She smirked at them her eyes flashing sharply.

“Now once you’re gone I may enjoy the fear of men” She hissed with laughter as the rest of the army laughter with her slightly afraid.

“Sarah wake up please” Legolas pleaded as her eyes snapped towards him.

“I am no longer addressed that name Elf!” She spat at him as it hurt him harder inside.

“Sarah please fight. I love you” He whispered as she drew her sword and pointed towards him. Only to hesitate, they all noticed her eyes almost glitching kept changing from red back to her light blue, before she snarled and returned to red.

“Love is pathetic!” She snarled out.

“You shall die from your insults!” She snarled as she raised her sword and it clashed down on Aragorn’s blade!

*BACK AT  GORGOROTH PLAIN, MORDOR*

Sam crawls to Frodo who lies slumped against the rock-face he turns him over, holding him in his arms.

“Do you remember the Shire, Mr Frodo? . . . It'll be spring soon, and the orchards will be in blossom; and the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket; and they'11 be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields; and eating the first of the strawberries with cream.” Sam asked Frodo softly.

“Do you remember the taste of strawberries?” He asked again as Frodo shuts his eyes, his breath coming in GASPS.

“No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food; nor the sound of water; nor the touch of grass . . . I'm naked in the dark.” He spoke in a weak whisper.

“There's no veil between me and the wheel of fire. I can see it with my waking eyes.” He spoke panicked as Sam looks at Frodo with Grim determination.

“Then let us be rid of it - once and for all! Come on, Mr Frodo. I can't carry it for you ... but I can carry you! Come on!” He called out and with that, Sam lifts Frodo on to his shoulders and starts to Climb Mount Doom! His plain hobbit-face grows stern, almost grim, as the will hardens in him. Two tiny hobbits on the endless shale slopes of the moutain...