Getting to Rivendell

*Aragorn Pov*

“Help him Strider!” Sam shouted terrified.

“He's been stabbed by a Morgul blade.” I spoke in disgust as I picked up the Dagger from the ground, staring gravely at the long,thin blade. The Morgul Blade suddenly melts...vanishing into the air like smoke. I throw the hilt down annoyed, as I heard soft words speak from Sarah’s mouth. I couldn’t understand the language she was speaking.

“Do something!” Sam pleaded.

“This is beyond my skill to heal. Sarah has only bought Frodo more time. He needs Elvish medicine.” I whistled as I heard Shadow. Sarah’s horse appears from the darkness. I picked up Sarah, and placed her on the back of her horse, as she groaned. I picked up Frodo onto my shoulders.

“Shadow hurti ar’ toek Sarah a’ Elrond (Shadow hurry and take Sarah to Elrond)” I spoke in Elvish. Shadow neighed, and took Sarah with her carefully on her back. I got a stronger grip on Frodo as I started running carrying Frodo on my back. Sam, Merry and Pippin were struggling to keep up with my pace, as they carried flaming torches in case the Riders came back.

“Hurry!” I called after them

“We are six days from Rivendell” Sam groaned, as Frodo groaned and winced in my arms.

“Hold on Frodo” I whispered.

“He’ll never make it!” Sam muttered sadly, as I saw Frodo’s head lean back. He was barely conscious. I knew Frodo was gaining a fever.

“Gandalf…..Gandalf?” He muttered as he struggled to stay awake. We were making it to the Trollshaw Forest Clearing, late at night. Frodo was struggling to keep his eyes open, as they were clouded, red-rimmed, his brow was beading with sweat. I hoped Sarah was alright. She was good at healing from dark magic. I never asked where she learned, it just made her go quiet.

“Is he going to die?” Pippin asked me, as Frodo’s breathing became more and more shallow. I look out into the darkness of the night.

“No, he is passing into the shadow world. He will soon become a wraith like them” I spoke, trying not to scare them, as I heard a distant cry of a Ringwraith through the air.

“They’re close” Merry spoke nervously. Frodo gave a sudden gasp of pain, as I tried to think hard. Plants Aragorn, I heard a weak voice speak in my mind. I am sure it was Sarah, as sudden realization hit me.

“Sam do you know the Athelas plant?” I asked him as he looked back at me blankly.

“Athelas?”

“Kingsfoil?”

“Kingsfoil, aye it’s a weed” he spoke

“It may help to slow the poison. Hurry!” I spoke as we went in search for the Kingsfoil weed. Thank you Sarah, you may have just saved Frodo’s life once again. Be safe. I spoke in my mind, as I am sure I could see her smile. Sam and I desperately search the dark forest floor for the plant. I found a small, white flowered plant, as I felt deep down my hope rise. Carefully pulling it from the ground, I freeze as a sword blade touched my neck.

“What is this? A ranger caught off his guard?” I looked up slowly, to see none other than Arwen….

*Sarah Pov*

I awoke suddenly the feeling of being in a cold pond. I gasped as I re-surfaced, to see Shadow giving a neighing laugh. My head still pounded, my wrist was killing me.

“Very funny girl, come on” I weakly got to my feet as she helped me to get on her. I could hear the sound of the wraiths getting closer, as I felt Shadow pick up her pace from under me. A sharp shriek came to my left, as I glanced over my shoulder to see three riders after me. Only four? Where are the other five? Oh no FRODO!

*Aragorn Pov*

We quickly made our way back to Frodo.

“Frodo. Im Arwen telin let thaed (I am Arwen, I have come here to help you” She spoke in Elvish, as we knelt down. I started to chew on the weed and then place it on the wound as Frodo kept gasping.

“Lasto Beth nin, tolo Dan na ngalad (Hear my voice, come back to the light” She spoke as Frodo’s eyes struggled to stay open.

“Who is she?” Pippin whispered to Sam.

“Frodo?” Arwen spoke as Frodo struggled to stay conscious

“She is an elf. Like Ranger” Sam spoke.

“He’s fading…he’s not going to last. We must get him to my father.” Arwen spoke urgently as I picked up Frodo, as Arwen got on her horse.

“I have been looking for you for two days.” She spoke.

“Where are you taking him?’ Pippin spoke in the background.

“There are five wraiths behind you, where the other four are, I do not know” She spoke as I felt my heart launch.

“Sarah” I gasped as I saw Arwen stiffen. She held onto Frodo, carefully as she got ready to leave.

“Dartho guin Berian…rych le as tolthathon (stay with the hobbits…I’ll send horses for you” I spoke to Arwen as she shook her head in disagreement.

“Hon mabathon. Rochoh ellint im. (I'll take him. I'm the faster rider.)” Arwen spoke as she refused to give in. Grrr, I hate it when she gets stubborn, though I must admit when Sarah is stubborn is can be cute. Wait focus Aragorn, Frodo here is dying!

“Andelu I ven. (The road is too dangerous.)” I told Arwen

“Frodo Fir. Ae anthradon I hir, tur gwaith nin beriatha hon. (If I can cross the river, the power of my people can protect him.)” She spoke as I sighed.

“I do not fear them” Arwen whispered.

“What are they saying?” Pippin asked behind us. They really can’t whisper.

“Ride hard and don’t look back” I warned as Arwen nodded.

“Noro Lim, Asfaloth, Noro Lim!” Arwen chanted to her horse, as they road off into the darkness.

“What are you doing! Those Wraiths are still out there!” Sam shouted at me angrily.

*Sarah Pov*

I road faster like the wind on Shadow, with them still on our tails. I kept going, as I soon heard the sound of the Wraiths getting louder, as all nine came into view, I also saw them chasing after a white horse. I gasped as my arms winced. It burned, as I could feel my vision, doubling. I glanced over to see Arwen, holding onto Frodo, as I struggled to hold onto Shadow as he kept racing through the woods.

“Sarah?” I heard Arwen shout, but all I could do was cry out, as I embraced my right arm into my chest.

“Shadow hurry, I don’t think I can last much longer” I whispered as I felt her pace quicken underneath me. we kept dodging around them until we ran through the river, I sat on Shadow almost dead, as I knew Arwen was slightly concerned. The Wraiths pull up short at the water nervous.

“Give up the Halfling and the Princess, she-elf!” The Witch King shouted as Arwen drew her sword, I cried out as my arm burned.

“If you want them come and claim them!” Arwen spoke back. THE WITCH KING SCREECHES ANGRILY, draws his sword, and leads the Ringwraiths across the Ford. The water starts flowing faster...a distant rumble can be heard. Arwen waits until they are halfway across: she suddenly stands in the saddle arms raised!

“Non o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Briunen Dan in Ulaer!” I heard Arwen chant as the water began to rise.

“Non o Chithaeglir, lasto Beth daer: Rimmo nin Briunen Dan in Ulaer!” she called again. I looked up weakily to see a vast torrent of water flooding down the river towards the ford. It was as if the dam had burst! The foaming water seemed to formed the shape of dancing white horses with frothing manes! The Ringwraiths scream in terror as they are swallowed up in the deluge. Their Piercing cries are drowned in the roaring of the river as it carries them away!

“No, no...Frodo, no!     Frodo, don't give in...not now!” I heard Arwen call, as I fell down from Shadow, and hit the grass beneath me.

*Frodo Pov*

“Where am I?” I asked

“You are in the House of Elrond, and it is ten o'clock in the morning on October the twenty-fourth, if you want to know.” I heard a familiar voice call as I woke up and saw Gandalf sitting at the end of my bed.

“Gandalf?” I asked weakly as he just smiled at me. He was smoking his pipe as he smiled at me.

“Yes, I'm here and you're lucky to be here, too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid. You have some strength in you, my dear Hobbit. Though if Sarah never sang her healing song, you wouldn’t have had a chance” He winked as I sat up in my bed looking at Gandalf.

“What happened Gandalf? Why didn’t you meet us?” I asked him.

“I am sorry Frodo” He apologized. “I was delayed” He gave me a weak smile, and then he just looked like he was in a trance.

“Gandalf! What is it?” I asked him as he soon returned and turned his head to me.

“Frodo---“ He began but Sam ran in to my bedside.

“Frodo!   Frodo!   Bless you, you're awake!!” He smiled happily as I smiled back.

“Sam has hardly left your side.” Gandalf added as I just chuckled.

*Sarah Pov*

I awoke with a sense of peace. My head wasn’t pounding, and my arm wasn’t hurting in anyway form. I sighed as got out of bed, and got changed. YAY me! They gave me a dress to change into. I growled, I hated having to look all pretty.

“My father would like to speak with you when you’re dressed” Arwen spoke as I nodded, as she left me to get changed into this:

polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=65428082

It was the first time in decades have I worn a dress, or had my hair loose. It felt wrong and weird as I slowly made my through Rivendell and found Elrond waiting for me…..