𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐳

{ toni }

today was a cold, windy and gloomy day in riverdale. my favourite kinds of days.

they matched my everyday mood, and the sun was way too hot anyways.

i really didn't feel like going to school today, but where'd i stay? i can't exactly live in the bushes. i got up, brushed off my clothes and tightened my grip on my backpack. i know the kids are going to laugh at me today, as they do each day so i mentally prepared myself for that. those who don't laugh, just ignore me completely.

i was no stranger to riverdale high, and neither was my life story. everyone hated me because of it, or was scared that i'd somehow manage to hurt them.

half of the things they know are lies but that's exactly what riverdale is, a town filled to the brim and overflowing with lies.

lies which we still believe instead of giving others the benefit of the doubt. it was lies that caused me to loose everyone i had in the first place.

i walked into the school, wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

"ayee its tiny!" reggie yelled, laughing along with some of his friends. i kept my head straight, not having the time to look at anyone.

veronica lodge passed me, giving me a small sympathetic smile, but it was replaced when her boyfriend, archie andrews glared at her.

if veronica was nearby, then all her other friends would be too, and i really don't wanna be bullied for yet another day.

the teasing, tormenting, the name calling, stares, eveything! it is slowly becoming too much for me to handle. i tried cutting to relieve stress, it works, but i sadly dont have razors so i have to find something else to take my mind off life, not that that's remotely possible.

"watch it looser." josie said, pushing past me, making me fall due to being underweight.

its really funny, all through middle school they'd tell me eat less, now they're telling me eat more. sometimes humans confused me.

i miss it back in LA, when i had my mommy, and dad, and grandpa and my little brother. everything was so happy and good back then, but one lie had changed everything. it still haunts me up to this day, having to pick between her and my brother, picking my brother, only to find out that neither him nor her had survived. two months later, i was homeless, not because my parents wanted me to be.....that's just how it has to be.

my first class was geography, and instead of seeing midge next to me, there was a redheaded girl. a pretty red headed girl might i add.

she shot me a smile, which i didn't return. i'd never seen her around, someone must've made her come here to make my life worse.

"hey." she whispered as our teacher spoke about the equator. i pretended not to notice her, resting my head on my desk, slowly but surely falling asleep before the class was over.

i got up as the bell rang, kids pushing me to get to their next class, no one caring if they hurt me or not.

i looked back to realise that the girl from earlier was still sitting in her seat. i crossed my arms and looked at her, a frown on my lips. 

"you waiting on someone?" i questioned softly. she looked at me, as if i was a book and she had to scan the cover.

she shook her head. "im new, wanna show me around?" she asked. i really wanted to say yes, it would be good to have a friend for once, someone who wouldn't call me a killer, a freak, a looser, skinny, someone who wouldn't make fun of me.