𝟎𝟎𝟗: 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

{ cheryl }

the next day at school, toni and i waited for veronica and betty to reach our lockers. they had went home this morning and told us they'd be a little late.

mom was still rather pissed off at us but she'd get over it.

"hey! new girl!" someone said, jogging over to me. i rolled my eyes. they know i have a name, so use it bitches.

"yes?" i asked, stil holding toni's hand. the girl was josie.

"there's a cheer team, you should total try out!" she said handing me a flyer then walking off with two other girls.

i really just wish that they'd acknowledge toni. she's so precious and tiny and adorable.

"so guys, should we try out?" i asked the three other girls as we sat under a tree, on the grass with our lunches. veronica nodded while betty and toni gave us skeptical looks.

"you do know im clumsy right?" toni said.

"and im not really-

"great so we'll go to tryouts together tomorrow!" i smiled. they really need to cut the negative act. its not good for their health.

"but cheryllllll" betty dragged. i just glared at her and she shut up.

ha.

as we ate the lunch the school gave us, well we ate, toni was just picking at the food. i looked over at her and she looked away.

i'll let it slide just this once because the school food is actually shitty as fuck.

"tt, you're eating double when we go home by the way." i said as we walked to our next class. luckily for us, we all had the same geography class today because my teacher was sick.

"sit by us bitches." i said to betty and ronnie

"well duh."

{ toni }

im super scared for the tryouts tomorrow.

i dont think they even understand why. they're all taller, and generally bigger than me, plus everyone doesnt hate them.

what if i trip? or mess up? or fall? or make the team look bad?

im commonly known for doing those types of things so its really not that easy.

after class we all went to betty's house.

"hi girls! betty, you made new friends!!" mrs.cooper said, making us sit down. betty nodded and smiled at me. i smiled back and put down my bag.

her mom came back with cookies on a plate, offering some to us. "oh no-

"she'll actually take two, right tt?" cheryl stated, making me roll my eyes but nod and smile.

"sorry mrs.cooper, i just had a snack but i can take them to go?" i smiled, tilting my head to the side.

she nodded and rushed off, probably to get me something to put them in. veronica and betty busrt out laughing while cher just glared at me.

"well girls, i have to go to a meeting, but please, im begging you...do NOT burn my kitchen down!" alice said causing us to laugh.

"we wont mrs.cooper!" cheryl chimed in as she left.

the next four hours were spent by us laughing and watching spongebob, due to veronica and i.

i just dont understand why people hate the show so much, its immaculate!

"eat the motherfucking cookies toni! you haven't had anything all fucking day!" cheryl yelled making the two other friends look at me.

"because im not hungry cheryl!" i yelled back.

and for the record, i had lucky charms!

"toni hun, you need to eat." ronnie added.

"she should eat something more nutritous than cookies if its her first meal tho." betty added.

ugh, betty and all her science stuff!

"im.not.hungry! which part of that can you guys possibly not understand!" i yelled at them.

a little while afer we decided to leave, ronnie was spending the night with betty.

on the walk to thornhill, cheryl refused to say anything to me, which killed me because i knew she was just trying to be there for me.

"mom we're home!" she yelled, slamming the door behind me. she pushed past me, walking into her room, slaming and locking the door. i guess now its time for me to use my own room.

"she didnt even talk to me on the way home!" i complained to jason who was sitting on the bed, listeing to me rant.

he burst out laughing.

"you really cant see it can you? she likes you!" he laughed even more making me frown.

she....likes me?

no. she cant

she cant possibly like me back! thats absurd!

great- now im even talking like her ugh.

the next day we had cheer and none of the girls were taking to me, we sat at lunch in silence, sat in class in silence atleast they still sat with me. "guys!" i yelled making them turn around.

"im sorry i yelled..i know you were just looking out for me, the pressure kinda made me snap. im sorry." i said, my head down.

veronica was the first to pull me into a hug, followed by betty. cheryl just stood their awkwardly.

"cher?" i called out to her, opening my arms hopefully. she hugged me, lifting me up slightly and twirling me around.

"just please....eat next time okay?" she said softly. i nodded, resting my head on the redheads shouder.

"im so nervous." i mumbled as we walked into the gym where josie and some ther girls were. they waved at us, shooting me a bitter smile which i didnt return.

"first upp.....toni!" she said, an evil smile playing at her lips as she turned on the music.

"wow, that was........wow!" ronnie squealed, hugging me super tightly. "too tight!" i managed to breathe out.

she giggled and let go of me, only for me to be squished between betty and cheryl.

"that was so amazing tt." cher said as we sat on the bleachers. everyone was looking at me which made me nervous despite doing good.

"okay! dismissed, cheryl, toni, veronica, betty you guys made the team! see you tomorrow, same time, dont be late." josie said, walking out.

once everyone left, vero and betty went to the parking lot because cheryl said she had something to tell me.

"toni....i hope that what im about to say isnt gonna ruin this friendship because its amazning..."

"but i like you." she said making my heart drop. jason was rigth!

i can still hear him laughing, if he were here he'd probably shoot an "i told you so bitch!" or something.

instead of answering her, i suddenly gained a newfound courage and pressed my lips on hers and this time, there was no one to stop us.

this did not go as planned but anywhoreee

this wasn't proofread