𝟎𝟏𝟕:𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐲

{ cheryl }

i stood at my locker, trying to keep in the tears that were about to spill, which had become something regular for me lately.

everyday for the past month its been like this. actual hell.

they haven't found jason, and they're losing hope, even mom. they even stopped searching for a period of time, until my dad demanded that they don't stop until his son was found.

i've been isolationg myself from my friends and im still ignoring toni. im not really doing any of it on purpose, im just running from my feelings, i heard it makes it seem less real and for now it seems to be working.

hell, it is working. maybe its a little extreme but its working.

after grabbing my books and taking a deep breath, i made my way to math which was the worst class of the day. our teacher always went too fast, not that i cant keep up because i can. he just writes stuff, then gives a test. no questions, no home-work, no nothing.

actually, change of plans, i dont want to go to class today.

i can't stand to see the hurt and destroyed look on toni's face, or the worried glances kev and ronnie give each other. probably worried about the both of us. archie as usual was oblivious to everything and i guess fangs feels guilty.

i would too, but even the police have told him that its not his fault. i dont expect him to forget it in a snap but he should really stop thinking about it and here i am, talking to myself about everything they should do when i should do the same thing, idiota.

putting my book back in my locker, i made my way out the big school doors and drove home in silence. i wasn't used to this. usually, toni and i would skip together or i would be skipping to meet ronnie and josie at the mall. being by myself was the most refreshing, yet painful thing ever.

anyways my parents shouldn't be home yet, or until tonight for the matter so i went inside and made waffles while dancing to music which was weird, especially because i was doing it alone.

being alone should've come as something normal to me since i've basically been alone for the month but today it feels different. it feels like there's someone else here despite it being an empty house.

it reminded me of new york, when we lived there i spent alot of my time either with the unholy trinity or alone. only difference was, that time i was doing it just because i liked being alone, not because i was self isolating. well am i? i wouldn't say that but whatever.

shrugging, i propped my feet on the coffee table and sat with the plate of food, putting on some grey's anatomy and deciding to push the uneasy feeling to the back for now.

i was in the middle of chewing when the front door opened and i started choking because of who it was. or rather, who or what i saw.

jason? no this isnt real, obviously, this is a dream. the choking feels real tho. actually fuck this, i think its real.

i coughed violently, gulping down some of the juice i had poured which had only made it worse. still not taking my eyes off of the firgure, who was stuck in place i coughed again, this time it stopped for good.

i decided to stop being a coward and just walk up to him. which could've been a dumbass move if you think about it. what if it as a robber wearing a wax mask or something?

"jason?"

i wasn't sure if it was actually him so i refuse to get my hopes up for sure only to have them crushed.

"shouldn't you be at school?" he questioned me as he stepped forward, his arms open.

laughing lightly i pulled him in for a tight hug. i missed this so much, i missed my brother.

"where the hell was you!" i asked, smacking the back of his head to which my brother just rolled his eyes and flicked me off, completly ignoring my question.

"up your ass." he replied sarcastically. there's the boy we know and love.

"okay but for real, im calling everyoneeee." i smiled.

my brother was really back.

back again w a short ass chpt that i wrote in like 15ish minutes ig

sorry for errors