𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫

love how the pic doesn't relate to this chpt at all :)

the group stood up as the police showed up, not even bothering to question the distraught teens.

they had been on their way back when kevin and fangs had attempted yet again, to race boats, this time causing the boats to bump into each other and send toni, jason and somehow veronica into the water.

toni and veronica had clung onto each other and started threading in the water but jason's body didnt resurface. no one was worried that badly tho, jason was the best swimmer out of everyone there so he must be safe, right?

who were they kidding, everyone was terrified.

as penelope and the other parents began showing up, the more worried everyone got.  police were even talking about getting a few helicpoters involved.

hiram had offered to let the whole group stay at their place since the kids weren't really speaking to anyone.

"guys we think he's okay right?" cheryl asked her friends as tears filled up in her eyes. the thought of loosing her other half was enough to break her heart, if he actually died, or was dead, most of her would die too.

everyone stayed quiet, knowing that if they said he'd be okay, and he somehow unfortunalely wasnt, she'd attack them, but not wanting to say no and make it seem like they had doubt.

toni was one of the few who refused to say anything, or move or eat, she was getting serious flashbacks and just thinking that it should've been her instead.

jason had been/was/is an incredible friend to her as well as sibling. he looked out for her before anyone else did, he listened to every little detail that spilled out of her mouth, he really did love her the way he loved cheryl. she didn't need to try and fit in to that particular family, she was the daughter, sibling and girlfriend that they all needed, and they all needed him.

at about 1 in the morning, betty's phone rang and everyone woke up.

"gimme." cheryl snatched it out her friends hands and answered with a sleepy, slightly annoyed voice.

"hello?"

"mother? what happened did they find him?"

she stayed quiet for a second.

"oh...well bye i guess." she hung up and tossed the phone to the side.

"well....what happened?" fangs questioned.

"dont talk to me troll this is ur fault to begin with."

"now c-

"hush it kev"

"cheryl! stop being a bitch and just tell us what happened." veronica pressed.

by now the two were in each others faces, screaming hateful words that they didnt mean, making a stupid argument over nothing, literally.

"y'know what? i'm leaving come on tt."

toni looked at her girlfriend and shook her head slightly.

"cheryl, just tell us what your mom said." she persuaded but cheryl just wasnt having any of it. at all.

"bye." she slammed the door and left the room, leaving all her friends confused.

it had been four days since jason was gone missing.

the police department figured it should be a recovery mission rather than a rescue but the gang still had hope.

matter of fact, betty and cheryl were convinced that jason wasn't even in the river. maybe they were watching too many documentariesfor their brain to process.

cheryl had come back to her friends an hour later that night, apologising, saying she was just overwhelmed. her mom didnt want anything, just wanted to know how her daughter was holding up, which was super sweet.

although she was talking to the group, she and toni hadn't spoken to each other since.

it wasnt bothering the redhead, simply because all her thoughts remained on her brother, but toni was taking it very differently. she wanted her girlfriend, she missed her and it was sending her slowly back into that place she tried to get out of.

that place jason had helped her get out of.

"toni come and eat!" sheriff keller yelled.

yes, toni was staying with kev and his dad, and sometimes josie, since her mom and kev's dad have a thing going on.

she rolled over and groaned. she wasnt in the mood to get out of bed or go to school. since people had found out that she and vero had managed to get out the river and called them selfish for not helping jason.

frst of all, they didnt even know he was in the water until they got back on the boats and cheryl had asked if jj was down there.

she hated the looks people gave her, and she thought they wished it was her missing instead.

"toni im serious! now!" he yelled again, much louder this time, to which she rolled her eyes hard, and got out of bed, stomping down the stairs.

"mr.keller i really do- coffee!" the girl smiled, sipping the drink she was given.

he smiled at how fast her mood could change then called his own son down, who was somehow already ready for school even tho it wasnt time to leave for another hour and a half.

"kev, we might head down to the riv before we go to school. help me find somethin' to wear." she told her bestfriend as they slowly walked back up the stairs

"i thought you'd never ask!"

"don't feel that great, im only trying to get cher to talk to me again." she rolled her eyes yet again.

it seemed like that was all she was doing lately, and it seemed like they would fall out, kevin had secretly wished that they would, just to teach her a lesson.

"i still dont think he's in the river." cheryl pouted as tears welled up in her eyes.

the only thing she wanted right now was get a hug from toni.

"she doesnt want to touch me" toni thought as she itched to give her girl a hug. did cher even wanna be her girl anymore?

all her thoughts were shook away when the rain started to pour heavily and they all ran back to kev's truck and ronnie's limo.

"now we gotta change!" josie whined as she sat on sweat pea's lap.

"we don't." betty said as everyone wathed her as if she was crazy.

"um yes we do babe! we're wet!" ronnie exlaimed and she just nodded her head.

oh how chaotic their lives were about to become, but they didnt have to know that, not yet.

yes jason's dead. or is he ;) n e way

barely 1000 words bc i rlly couldnt bother so