001

august 11th, 2020
1:18 pm

"I THINK I WANNA BREAK UP

"I THINK I WANNA BREAK UP."

The words had finally been spoken.

Sunday knew they were coming.

Three years of dating made her able to read Zion like a book.

He had been acting distant for awhile.

Sunday just never thought she would be sitting at her father's kitchen table watching their relationship go down the drain.

"Why? Did I do something?" Sunday pondered, then adjusted her glasses.

His fingers tap on the table and he stares straight at the living room, deliberately avoiding her eyes.

"No, it's not you. It's me." Zion finally managed, still not looking at her.

At this, Sunday tucked a long piece of hair from her wig behind her ear.

"I know you are not hitting me with that bullshit. Be real with me, Zion. We've known each other forever."

Zion sighs, before looking at Sunday. "We've never dated anyone else. I've never even been with another girl besides you, Sunny."

She furrowed her brows, "Okay? So what? You wanna break up to chase bitches?"

Sunday waited for his response, but it doesn't come verbally.

Zion lightly tugs on his shirt nervously.

"Remember what you told me three years ago? That we were supposed to be together forever?" Sunday questioned.

Zion sighs, then glances at the clock behind her. "We were fourteen, Sunny. Do you really think I meant it?"

At this her mouth slightly drops open.

As if this didn't hurt enough.

As if his laid back demeanor wasn't already the salt on the wound.

"Shit. I ain't mean it like that. It's just... we were just being idealistic."

Sunday licks her bottom lip slightly. "I wasn't. When I said that I would do anything for you, that wasn't me being idealistic. That was me being in love with you."

Zion shakes his head. "So are you telling me that you've never wanted someone else while we were together?"

The past tense strikes her and she takes down a gulp of air before answering. "I'm not the type of girl to want other niggas while with someone else. Is that what this is about? You already found someone else?"