018

september 22nd, 2020
4:02 pm

BRANDON SAT on the royal blue cushion in front of his locker with the rest of his basketball team

Their coach, John Calipari, was in the middle of the locker room, calling names from an attendance sheet on a clipboard.

Brandon's hand was stretched behind him, searching for his favorite pair of basketball shoes.

He could've sworn that he left them here but now he wasn't sure.

Where the hell are my shoes?

"What are you looking for?" Terrence whispered from next to him.

"My shoes. I thought they were here but-. Oh, shit. They're in Sunny's room." Brandon sighed.

Terrence's eyebrows flew towards his hair line, "Sunny? You mean Sunday? Why would it be in her room?"

Brandon licked his bottom lip and sighed again.

Before he had been hesitant to tell his friends because he wasn't sure if they could keep a secret but Terrence and Brandon had been friends for a very long time and he knew that Terrence could be trusted.

"Uh, we might've fucked a couple times." Brandon muttered.

"Oh. She's like that?" Terrence asked lowly.

"I'm not giving no details, bruh. I need to find my phone so I can ask her to bring my sneakers."

There was a knock on the door and the coach stopped speaking to turn towards the door, "Come in,"

Sunday peeked her head into the locker room, making Brandon snap his own head towards her.

"Yes?" John asked.

"Uh, I just need to give BJ his shoes..." Sunday trailed off as Brandon rose from the cushioned block.

His coach nodded and Brandon joined Sunday in the hallway outside of the locker room, "Hey, ma."

She was dressed in leggings, an old sweatshirt that read Ballard High School Art Club and there was green and black paint on her fingertips and a touch of green paint on her freckle filled button nose.

"Hey," There was a plastic bag tight in her hands, "You forgot your basketball shoes in my room."

Brandon grinned as he took the bag slowly from her hands, "Thanks, ma."

"No problem," Sunday turned to walk away but Brandon gently gripped her wrist, "Hold up."

Brandon leaned down to peck her lips and Sunday kissed him back then pulled away first, "You should probably go back in there."

"What are you doing later?" Brandon asked, ignoring her statement.

"Studying. I have so many assignments due." Sunday shook her head and her type four curly hair moved with her skull.

"So.... None of it can be done in my room?" Brandon flashed her a sneaky grin and pulled her just a bit closer.

Sunday smiled as well but rolled her eyes, "Maybe some of it. A little more than half."

The door opened and the basketball team began to walk out to the indoor court nearby, some of them sending Brandon and Sunday looks as they passed.

"Okay, BJ," His coach started, "You can talk to your girlfriend later."

Brandon leaned down again and gave Sunday a kiss.

"Text me when you're out of practice." Sunday said as she pushed her glasses up her nose then started to walk away.

Brandon joined the rest of his team on the court and a senior on the team tapped Brandon, "Who's that girl you were talking to?"

Brandon stopped then stiffened up, "Don't talk to her."

Then he continued to walk into the gym.

Terrence passed a basketball to him as the two started to run dribbling drills.

"So when did this start?" Terrence teased, an amused smile on his face.

"It's only been like a week or two." Brandon shrugged, "We both needed to blow off some steam."

Terrence shook his head, "This is gonna end bad."

Brandon rolled his eyes, "Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence."

"Nah, nah, nah, but listen. You know you be falling for these girls fast as hell."

"She's just a fuck buddy. We both agreed."

Terrence stopped dribbling and looked at Brandon for a second then shook his head again, "Just don't get caught up in this girl."

Brandon took a peek at Terrence, "Shouldn't I be saying that to you? All your calls are to Nyree."

"But she knows that my main goal is the NBA. Does Sunday know that?"

"I mean... Kinda," Brandon continued to dribble, "Sunday knows that."

"You don't seem sure," Terrence noticed.

"I'm sure." Brandon lied but nodded.

Terrence passed him another unsure expression as the two both resumed the drills.

"She was the one who said she didn't want feelings involved." Brandon assured his friend.

"That doesn't mean they're not there. I know you, bruh."

Maybe Terrence could sense that Brandon was starting to become agitated with all of the questioning because he straightened up, "Look, all I'm saying is be careful. That's all."

Brandon sighed himself, I have a lot to talk about with her.

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!