025

october 6th, 2020
2:12 pm

BRANDON WASN'T A PERSON WHO USUALLY MISSED FILM CLASS

Now, Sunday wasn't sure if that was because of her presence but still.

He had missed an entire lecture and it worried her a little.

Part of her thought it was part of revenge for her going awol and not telling Brandon that she went home but she had sent a long text message yesterday explaining everything.

But that text had gone on read and unanswered.

So Sunday swallowed her pride about the text and her anxiety about the dinner and went to Brandon's dorm.

Sunday readjusted her leather jacket sleeve then knocked on the door.

It took a minute and some change but finally, Sunday could hear the locks from the other side of the door flip and switch.

"B.J, I-." Sunday began, "I know I've been awol but I just needed-. Nikki?"

There was a Blasian girl with straightened bra strap length dark hair who had opened the door halfway. She was dressed in a Kentucky blue that dropped to her knees, clearly oversized because it was Brandon's.

She raised both eyebrows in surprise, "You know my name? How do you know me?"

"B.J's mentioned you a couple of times." Sunday said in a dismissive tone in an effort to backtrack, "Is he-. Uh, is he here?"

"He just got out the shower. Give me a second." Nikki said and Sunday nodded.

Nikki closed the door and Sunday rubbed her palms together, already starting to regret coming here.

If Nikki had spent the night, that means her and Brandon had had sex.

Which meant that Sunday and Brandon couldn't have sex anymore.

Which essentially took away any motivation for him to talk to her.

And that wasn't what Sunday wanted at all.

God, this was such a hot ass mess.

Sunday knocked on the door again and Nikki answered.

"Can you just tell him... Just to hit me up later or something?" Sunday asked.

"Ain't no need for that. Come in," Brandon's deep voice sounded from behind the door.

Nikki opened the door and then closed the door behind Sunday.

Brandon had clearly just gotten dressed and his hair was sectioned into braids like usual.

He raised his eyebrow at the sight of Sunday, "What's up, stranger? Do I know you?"

Sunday nodded her head slowly, "I deserved that. I just needed to go home for a couple days."

Sunday glanced to where Nikki was lounging on the couch and Brandon spoke, "Oh, right. Sunny, this is Nikki. Nikki, this is Sunny."

"Oh. Right. I think Kylah mentioned meeting you. You were the girl on the phone that one night, right?" Nikki asked in a cool tone.

Sunday's hand twitched for the door knob, "Uh yeah, I guess that's me," Sunday turned back to Brandon, "I just wanted you to know the homework for film class. We have to watch A Streetcar Named Desire. So whenever you wanna do that... Just let me know, I guess."

Brandon studied her, his eyes narrowed a little, "Is that all you wanted to say?"

No.

Sunday wanted desperately to ask what happened with Nikki here but it was no where near her place to do so.

So instead...

"Yeah. I have to run to the dining hall before they run out of cheese fries again so..." Sunday looked to where Nikki was still laying on the couch, "It was nice meeting you."

Nikki passed Sunday a smirk that wasn't quite arrogant but still didn't seem like an all the way nice gesture, "It was nice meeting you too, Sammy."

"It's Sunny. Not Sammy." Brandon spoke to Nikki.

Nikki rolled her eyes and looked at her long white acrylic nails.

Brandon turned to Sunday, "I'll see you later then."

Sunday nodded, "Right."

Then she was back in the hall and she could hear the door audibly close behind her.

Her chest felt heavy all of a sudden and she wanted nothing more than to get an Uber to the nearest bus station so she could go back to Louisville.

But Henry would definitely send Sunday back to Lexington with no hesitation if she came home on a weekday so instead Sunday forced herself into a normal pace out of the dorm.

When Sunday got back into her own dorm, Maya and Danielle were sitting on Maya's bed.

Maya rolled her eyes at Sunday's appearance and Sunday glanced at the girl in annoyance before putting her bag onto her desk and facing her.

"Do you have a fucking problem?" Sunday asked in a boisterous tone.

Maya blinked before jumping down from the bed, sliding her feet into her Victoria's Secret slides and exiting the room.

Danielle let out an annoyed sound, "What the fuck is going on between y'all two?"

"You need to tell your friend to get her head out of her ass. She pushed too hard into my business and her feelings got hurt because I yelled."

Danielle sighed before hoping down from the bed herself, "It's just because she cares, you know? Try and be easy on her."

Before Sunday could give Danielle a response full of attitude, the girl was walking out into the hall, in a clear search for Maya.

Normally, Sunday would feel guilty but her chest felt too heavy to feel anything but pure and utter regret.

NOTE FROM KY
not sure if y'all know, but I have a Jalen Suggs book and a Zay Todd book out so y'all should check them out :)
vote & comment, porfa!