016

september 14th, 2020
4:18 pm

ONCE AGAIN, BRANDON AND A BUNCH OF his friends were playing a video game in Terrence's dorm room

It was still hot in Kentucky so many of the boys, including Brandon, had their shirts off.

Cam'ron was sitting next to Brandon as they played a game of Call of Duty, "Yo, BJ. Did you sneak a cat in or something?"

Brandon snorted at the randomness of the question, "No."

Terrence, Devin and Isaiah all looked over to Brandon.

"Is Nikki in town?" Devin asked.

"Again, no. Why?"

"Your shoulders are fucked up." Isaiah pointed out.

"What are y'all talking about?" Brandon snickered.

"Go look in the mirror," Terrence pointed to his bathroom.

Brandon put his controller down and padded over to Terrence's small bathroom.

Sure enough, his shoulder blades and the top of his back were covered in dug in fingernail marks and light scratches.

"I gotta tell her to ease up next time." Brandon muttered lowly to himself.

"So, again. Is Nikki in town or sumn?" Terrence asked, clearly amused.

"And like I said the first time, no," Brandon stated as he returned to the couch, "Nikki's still in Cali."

"Then what happened?" Devin questioned.

When Brandon looked over to his friends, they were examining him.

Brandon and Sunday hadn't decided if they were telling people that they were having sex and she didn't seem like the type of girl to want her business out there like that.

Even if she wasn't, who Brandon was having sex with wasn't any of his friends' business at the moment.

"I was minding mine," Brandon chose to say instead then looked down at his vibrating phone.

'Are you in your room? I need to talk to you'

At Sunday's text, Brandon's stomach began to rock with unease.

She isn't regretting what we did, is she?

She can't be. The whole thing was her idea.

"You good?" Devin nudged him.

"Yeah, I just gotta go handle something real quick." Brandon slipped on his shirt and stepped out into the hallway, phone in hand.

Brandon rounded the corner then stopped at the sight of Sunday standing in front of his door, her knuckles rapping against it.

"Ma," Brandon called out as he approached her.

"We need to talk." Sunday said immediately as she whirled to face him.

Brandon's stomach lurched once more and in an attempt to play it off, he held up his phone, "Yeah, I got your text. What's up?"

Sunday jerked her head towards his room door and Brandon dug the keys out of his jogger pocket, unlocked the door then closed it behind Sunday.

As soon as the door closed, Sunday began to pull a notebook out from her bag.

Brandon sat on the edge of his bed, giving the girl a quizzical look, "What's up?"

"I was thinking and I came up with some rules." Sunday answered.

Brandon could feel his uneasiness dissolve quickly into amusement, "I hope you know I'm not about to be on some 50 Shades of Grey type shit."

Sunday rolled her eyes, "Not those types of rules, Jesus. Just some rules so that we're both happy and that everything is clear."

Brandon raised a brow, "Like what?"

Sunday handed him the notebook now open to a page that was titled 'Rules For BJ and Sunny'.

"'Number one, no doing anything during that the other is uncomfortable with'," Brandon read out, "This is kinda a given, ma. 'Two, no late night texts about what we do. Example, don't send any 'U up texts'.'"

Brandon stopped and furrowed his brows at the third rule.

'No having sex with other people.'

Brandon gave Sunday an amused look, "Is this third rule both ways?"

As expected, Sunday's cheeks flushed red just a tiny bit, "Of course. I'm not asking you to do anything that I wouldn't do."

Brandon nodded, "Then that means you gotta start being seen with me outside of class. Parties, my games when the season starts, the student center, places like that."

Sunday opened her mouth to protest but Brandon stood up to get close to her.

Brandon looked down at her while Sunday gazed up at him, "I know. Neither of us want a relationship. But it'd be harder for both of us to ignore people if this campus thinks that we're together."

Sunday pursed her lips, "Ignore people? I get for you but... I'm low-key. There's no one checking for me."

Brandon's lip tugged upwards at her ignorance, "Trust me. There's people."

Sunday blinked, "Okay, fine. There's one more."

Brandon lifted the notebook in left hand to his face, "'If one party wants to break it off or they meet someone else, the parties must agree to go back to being friends.'"

At the bottom of the page was a line for Brandon to sign his name next to where she had already signed hers.

"You sure thought this through." Brandon muttered.

"If you have anything you wanna add..." Sunday fished a pen from her bag and held it in his direction.

"Nah, I'm good," Brandon took the pen from her outstretched hand and signed his full name where she had previously designated.

Once Sunday had taken the notebook and the pen back from him, Brandon pulled her towards him by her jean covered hips.

"There's no late night texts right?"

Sunday shook her head, quiet now.

"Then you better get used to spending the night here sometimes."

NOTE FROM KY
vote & comment, porfa!