Part 13

"Nik? Where are we heading?" Amelia said as Klaus was behind the wheel, driving as fast as he could.

"I- I don't know. Anywhere but here." Klaus said.

"He's not going to get us. We stick together. Always and forever." Amelia said as she put her hand on his hand.

He visibly relaxed. He looked at her and slightly smiled, "always and forever."

***

They made their way Portland to look for more wolves for protection from Mikael.

"Can we get a hotel?" Amelia said.

"Sure. This way." He said as he held out his hand for her to take and she did. They walked through the city to the most expensive hotel. He compelled them the the royal suite. Of course, it only had one bed.

Amelia put her suitcases down and looked around the room.

"It's nice." She said.

"It'll do." Klaus said.

"I'm going for a shower." Amelia said as she walked over to the bathroom.

"Want me to join?" Klaus joked.

"Oh, be quiet Nik." She laughed.

After her shower, she put on an oversized t-shirt with her underwear on.

She walked out the bathroom and Klaus was lying in the middle of the bed, arms behind his hand and staring at the ceiling.

"You took long enough." Klaus smirked.

"Yeah, whatever." She walked over to the bed and tried to lift up the duvet but it wouldn't move due to Klaus being on it. "Move it."

Klaus laughed, "I'm going in the shower anyways." He said as he slid off the bed and into the the bathroom.

Amelia got in bed but she couldn't fall asleep so she went to the kitchen instead.

She grabbed herself a glass of water. Once she had drunk it, she went back to bed.

She slid into bed and at the same time, Klaus came out the bathroom. He was wearing grey joggers without a top on.

When Amelia looked at him, she smiled and rolled her eyes then turned so she was laying on her other side.

When Klaus slid into bed, Amelia stared at him as he looked at the ceiling.

"What?" He said as he looked at her.

"You worried about Mikael?" Amelia said and Klaus sighed.

"We don't even know if they have awoke him." Klaus said.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they had. They don't think straight." Amelia said and Klaus stayed silent.

She closed her eyes but felt an arm wrap around her. She opened her eyes again and saw Klaus smirking at her.

"What?" Amelia smiled.

"Nothing." He smirked.

Amelia slid closer to him and put her head on his chest and her leg over his lap, she could hear his heart rate slowly decrease with her touch.

He wrapped an arm around her and they both soon fell asleep.

***

When she woke up, she found herself being spooned by Klaus. His arms wrapped around her.

She slowly moved his arms away from around her and slid out of bed.

As soon as she left the warmth of him, his eyes fluttered open.

"Morning, my love." He smiled.

"Morning." She said and made her way to the kitchen.

"We need to find wolves today." Klaus said.

"Yeah. I know. There's ought to be some in that woods off the highway." Amelia said and she opened the fridge.

"Yeah. We can look their first."  Klaus said.

"There is no food in here." She complained as she slammed the fridge closed.

"Let's go get breakfast then." Klaus sped so he was right in front of her.

She looked up at him, "we'll need to get changed first" but he didn't move out her way, he only smirked. "Move Nik." She smiled.

"You could go out in that. It suits you." Klaus joked.

"Oh yeah, because a t-shirt and nothing else is a good look." She joked.

"Looks good on you." He smirked.

She puts her hand on his bare chest and leaned in closer to his face but before they could get to close, she pushed him out of the way.

She walked over to the bathroom, smiling leaving Klaus in the kitchen smiling and slowly shaking his head.

***

After they got breakfast, they made their to find wolves. His phone started ringing and he picked it up.

"Got any information?" Klaus said as he held the phone to his ear.

"Yeah. Theirs a pack in Forest Park." His informant said.

"Good. Let me know if any over information pops up." Klaus said and he hung up. "You heard that?"

"Yup" Amelia said. "We going now?"

"If you want." Klaus said.

"Why waste any time?" She smirked as they got into the car.

The compelled driver started making his way to their destination.

Klaus and Amelia were in the back seats. Amelias head was leaning against the door and her legs were over Klaus's lap. She was scrolling through Instagram. She felt eyes on her so she took her eyes from her phone me looked at Klaus who was looking at her.

"What?" She smiled.

"Just looking at you." He smirked.

"We've been together since we were 10. I think you have seen enough of me." She laughed, putting her phone in her pocket.

"I could never have enough of you." He smirked.

"Oh. Shush." She playfully rolled her eyes.

"You know, you should really put your seatbelt on." He laughed.

"Oh yes, because a car accident is going to kill me." Amelia said.

"You never know, it could. It may somehow rip out your heart." He joked.

"Well, technically, I don't know if having my heart ripped out will kill me. But... I don't want to test it." She laughed.

"You're too strong to ever die." He smiled.

"Stronger than you." She said.

"Yeah. Okay, sure." He playfully rolled his eyes.

She lifted her hand up and his eyes started bleeding.

"Stop that." He said as he wiped the blood off.

"Why?" She laughed and now his nose started bleeding.

"Lia."

"Ugh. Fine." She put her arm down and the bleeding stopped.

"Im still stronger" he quickly said and laughed.

"Pfft. Sure. Shut up." Amelia closed her eyes attempting to sleep but after a few seconds, Klaus put his hand on her thigh and gently slapped it.

"We're here." He said and she quickly sat up.