Part 19

"You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest." Elijah said  

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we? Klaus said.

Elijah jumped forwards punching Klaus in the face. He pushed him into the door, smashing them.

"Easy. I just finished renovating." Klaus said.

"Stop it!" Amelia yelled as she used her magic to pin Elijah against the wall. Klaus ran up and took the dagger out of Kol's chest and threatened to put it in Elijah's.

"Don't make me do this to you, Elijah." Klaus said.

"Come on, use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with." Eleijah said.

Klaus looked at Amelia and lowered the dagger.

"Mikael's dead." Klaus said.

"What did you say?" Elijah said.

"I killed him with his own weapon. He's gone, Elijah, forever." Klaus said.

Elijah looked at Amelia for confirmation and she nodded her head. "Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century."

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping us from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our last, Elijah. Our mother's death, things I never wanted you to know. But I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

Klaus dipped the dagger into the White Oak ashes, "what are you doing?" Elijah asked.

Klaus drove the dagger back through Kol's heart. "Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again."

***

Amelia was laying in bed, unable to get to sleep when there was a knock on her door.

She told them to come in and Klaus slowly walked in.

"Hi" she smiled.

"Hi, love. Just wanted to see if you were alright? Magic under control?" Klaus said.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Elijah annoys me."

"I know. You've never liked him." Klaus said.

"That's not true. It's just got a lot worse ever since he was this close to possibly ending my life." Amelia smiled.

Klaus laughed, "okay, I'll get going now."

Amelia grabbed his arm before he could go anywhere. "Stay?"

"Sure." He said and Amelia moved onto the other side of the bed and Klaus got into bed as well. "Do you think that dream meant anything? Esthers coffin is missing."

"I hope not. I've had enough parent trouble for a lifetime." Klaus said as he wrapped his arms around Amelia.

"I hope so too." She said.

***

"Niklaus. Our guests have arrived." Elijah said as he opened the door.

Damon and Stefan walked in, "Damon, Stefan. Elijah tells me you seek and audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilised men, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him." Elijah said.

"I didn't, uh, come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all, but I was told I had to. Because you would hear us out." Stefan said.