Part 51

Klaus, Amelia and Rebekah all had breakfast in the morning but it ended up with Rebekah storming out because Klaus made a snide comment about her and Amelia left him by himself as well, fed up with him being an arse to his siblings.

Later, Amelia heard voices from downstairs so she went to check it out and she found Klaus and Cami.

"You just repeat the same thing over and over again. Rebekah's out to get you. Elijah's out to get you. Is there anyone who isn't plotting your downfall? I doubt you trust your own reflection." Cami said.

"I only trust one person, Amelia. However, if the daggers weren't missing, I would put one in each of their hearts.  Rid myself of the burden of my siblings for a couple of centuries." Klaus said.

"Look at you, repeating the same destructive cycles over and over again. You are the architect of your own unhappiness."

"I don't remember asking for your advice."

Amelia walked into the room fully and both pair of eyes followed her.

"Really, Nik? Your the one who forced her to come over here for god knows what, out of everyone in New Orleans, you chose her. So yeah, I would say you are asking for her advice if you chose someone with a masters in psychology."

"Exactly. You're over 1,000 years older. I'm pretty sure you know how to type." Cami said.

"Why are you two teaming up against me?"

"The truth is, you compel me to come here because I'm the only one who you can say anything to and then I'll forget it as soon as I go away."

Klaus averted his eyes to a piece of paper with a symbol on it, "what is this?"

"It's an ancient, mystical plot in using to destroy you." Cami replied and Klaus raised his eyebrows in annoyance.

"Careful, Camille, he might take you seriously." Lia joked.

"Relax. It's a tattoo design." Cami said.

Klaus put the piece of paper down next to her, "draw on your own time."

"This is my time. You steal it from me." Cami picked up her things and walked out of the room.

"I may not like her very much but I agree, Nik." Amelia said.

"Why do you not like her?" Klaus teased.

"Because you flirt with her."

"I do not." He scowled.

"You do. She comes over almost every day to 'write your memoirs ' or whatever."

"I don't. I've been wanting you since we were kids, I've finally got you. I'm not gonna let you go for a blonde bartender." He kissed her forehead.

"I'll have to go now, sweetheart."

"Where are you going?"

"Talk to young Joshua."

Amelia nodded and once she blinked, he was gone.

***

Amelia called Klaus when she hadn't heard from him for a few hours.

"Where are you?" She asked.

"The compound to get my daggers back. Wanna join me?"

She smiled, "I'll be there soon."

***

Amelia quickly made her way to the compound and when she did, she saw Klaus just walking in so she walked beside him.