Part 30

Amelia walked into the grill and saw Klaus and Rebekah, talking. She furrowed her eyebrows and headed towards them.

"You two talking now?" Amelia said.

"What do you want, Nik?" Rebekah said.

"Things change, Rebekah. We've stumbled upon something I think might be if interest to you." Klaus said.

"Doubt that." Rebekah said.

"No? Well, what if I told you the Brotherhood of The Five still existed?" Klaus said.

"What?" Rebekah looked at Amelia for confirmation and she nodded her head.

"You see? And like that, bygones. Come on, love, work to do."

"We don't have anything to do. There is no 'we.' I don't care about The Five and I don't care about you."

"As you wish." Klaus grabbed Amelia's hand, intertwining their fingers and they walked off.

***

When Klaus opened the doors, Connor was chained up.

They walked into the room and could feel someone else there.

"Looks like I'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." Klaus said.

"I was gonna take him but I figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." Stefan said.

"It's from the inquisition. I thought it was a nice touch."

"What'd you get out of him?"

"Not enough. He's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you snooping?"

"Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you figured out, our friend here can't be compelled."

"You're full of mysteries, aren't you?" Klaus said.

"I told you. I don't know anything." Connor said.

"Thankfully, we know plenty." Klaus said as he walked out the room, "shall we?" Amelia and Stefan followed.

"What's with the home invasion?" Amelia asked.

"Damon said you knew something about this guy. I should've figured you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without doing for anything." Stefan said.

"I was feeling benevolent." Klaus said.

"You're never benevolent. Who is this guy? What's The Five?" Stefan said.

"So many questions." Klaus's said.

"It's a good thing I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you." Stefan said as he sat down.

"Fine. You might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. The Brotherhood of The Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in the 12th century, Italy. Lia, my siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the south, feeding, turning people as we went. But with the bloodshed came exposure."

"So these hunters have been around for 900 years?" Stefan said.

"Apparently." Klaus said.

"Though the one in the other room is the first we've seen since then." Amelia said.

"Makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years." Klaus said.

"And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?" Stefan said.