Part 44

Klaus woke up and looked around the room, it was empty.

He pulled his phone from the nightstand and checked the date.

He had been unconscious for 4 days.

He unlocked the phone and called Amelia. It went straight to voicemail.

"Amelia, love, where are you. The last thing I remember is falling asleep next to you. Now, it's four days later and you're not here? What happened? Call me back, please."

***

After searching for days, Klaus finally got a lead for where Amelia was.

He ended up in New Orleans.

He was looking for a witch named Jane-Anne Devereaux.

He made his way to the French Quarter and looked at all of the people around pretending to be witches but he made his way up to the one person who was the real witch.

As soon as she saw him, she started packing up her station but he sat down opposite her.

"Good afternoon. Time for one more?" He said.

"I have nothing to say to you." Agnes, the witch, said.

"Oh, now, that's not very amiable, is it? You don't even know me."

"I know what you are. Half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid."

"I'm the Original Hybrid, actually, but that's a long story for another time. I'm looking for someone. A witch. I believe she took something very dear to me. Perhaps you might be able to help me find her. Jane-Anne Devereaux."

"Sorry, I don't know."

"Well, now, that's a fib, isn't it? Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of posers, so enough with the fabrications. I've got quite a temper."

"Witches don't talk out of school in the quarter. The vampires won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules."

"Marcel's rules. Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?"

***

Klaus made his way to a bar and found Marcel singing in stage.

When Marcel realised it was Klaus he stepped down and talked to him.

The greeted each other and talked about when Klaus and his family left running from Mikael.

"Well, if I'd known you were coming back in town-" Marcel started but klaus cut him off.

"What, Marcel? What would you have done?"

"I would have thrown you a damn parade."

They broke out into smiles and laughter as they embraced each other.

"Niklaus Mikaelson. My mentor, my saviour, my sire. Let's get you a drink."

He led him into the back as they gossiped about how good it is to see each other.

"Where is Amelia? She left you?" Marcel asked.

Klaus dryly chuckled, "no, no. I'm here looking for her. I'm also looking for a witch by the name of Jane-Anne Devereaux. Has some business with me."

"You're looking for Jane-Anne. Then you probably ought to come with me. Ha, ha, showtime."

They left the bar and made their way onto the streets. Vampires jumped from buildings and walked around them.

A vampire pushed Jane-Anne towards Marcel as he laughed.

"Jane-Anne Devereaux. Give it up for Jane-Anne." The crowd cheered.