Part 35

Amelia got a call but it had no ID so she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Amelia." The voice on the other end said.

"Rebekah? How are you- how are you un-daggered."

"With the help of a pretty young girl named April Young. Meet me at the school."

"Why?"

"Just come on. It'll be fun." Rebekah said and hung up.

Amelia made her way to the school quickly and it was empty.

She looked around and finally saw Rebekah in the library with Elena, Caroline, Stefan and April sitting down.

"What is all this?" Amelia smiled.

Rebekah turned around and ran into her arms. They pulled away after a few seconds, "I am asking them questions. They're all compelled so come on."

Amelia and Rebekah made their way back over to the table.

"Class is in session. You've all been compelled, you know the rules. Answer my question honestly. No disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learned, thanks to yours truly about a brotherhood of the vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what?"

"Elena." Amelia picked.

"A map." She responded.

"Which led to?" Amelia said.

"Caroline." Rebekah picked.

"The cure for vampirism." Caroline responded.

"Perfect. So we're all caught up. Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire Hunter. But in order to decide the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure and yet, you're all still vampires. Which means something went wrong."

She looked at April who was writing down, "what are you doing?"

"Oh, you told me to take notes." April replied.

"She wasn't being literal, darling." Amelia said.

"But now that you mention it, a flow chart would be nice. Which means index cards and push pins. Go fetch." Rebekah said and April went off to go find them and Amelia slightly laughed.

"You're wasting your time. We don't know anything." Stefan said.

"So you just gave up? I thought you'd do anything to save Elena. Even if it meant taking the cure yourself so you can grow old and die with her." Rebekah said.

Elena's eyes widened and she looked at Stefan. "Why do you look so surprised?" Amelia asked.

"We're missing something. What is it?" Rebekah asked.

"They broke up, okay?" Caroline said and Rebekah and Amelia looked at each other and smiled, "now let us go."

"Broke up?" Amelia said.

"Wait, I'm confused. I thought Elena was your epic love, Stefan. I asked you what happened. You have to tell me."

"She slept with Damon." Stefan said and Elena was shocked at how he knew that but then she realised: Caroline told him.

"Wait. Hold up. Sorry, what? Vampire Elena is a cheat?" Amelia said.

"We weren't together." Elena said.