Part 47

Amelia walked downstairs and saw Klaus closing the door like he had just let someone out.

"Who was that?" Amelia asked.

"Camille." He answered.

"What was she doing here?"

"She popped round for a little chat about Marcel." He kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her waist slightly.

"Ugh. I feel huge." Amelia said, rubbing her stomach.

"You can hardly see the baby bump, love." Klaus chuckled.

"Maybe not, but it's bloody weird if you have never put on weight, to suddenly just swell. I don't like it."

"You're as beautiful as ever." He lifted her head up and connected their lips. After the kiss, she turned around and walked into the living room

***

Agnes came around and was trying to get Amelia to get an ultrasound.

"I already said, Agnes. I feel great." Amelia said.

"Your are overdue for a checkup." Agnes said.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound? The pregnant immortal witch escorted by a New Orleans Witch? Nothing to see here."

"A lot of women would kill to have a child, you should take better care of yours." Rebekah said from the other side of the room as she continued to type on her laptop.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get a word of it."

"Okay. Fine." Amelia finally said. "Bayou baby doctor it is."

She escorted Agnes out of the house and came back into the room just as Klaus walked in.

"Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin anyway? Just type 'anonymous attic'?"

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah said.

"It's like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." Amelia said.

Klaus offered Amelia a drink of bourbon but she raised her eyebrows and realisation kicked in that she couldn't drink, so he downed it.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin." Rebekah said.

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actually strategy. As opposed to mind-numbing labour. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discuss a new alliance."

"As usual, your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother." Rebekah said.

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

***

Agnes took Amelia to the doctors office but it was in the middle of the woods and Amelia thought it was strange.

"This is the doctors office?" She asked.

"Dr Paige is only this far out because Marcel men kept terrorising her patients.go. She won't bite." Agnes said.

Amelia got out of the car and slowly made her way to the front door, she was on high alert. She didn't trust the New Orleans Witches, at all.

The door opened and the doctor greeted her.