Part 34

Amelia was laying on the couch whilst Klaus painted for the Winter Wonderland Charity event.

She had her eyes closed but opened them when she heard footsteps approaching them.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan said.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of post modernism. It's my donation to the winter wonderland charity event." Klaus said and a hybrid entered the room.

"Said it was urgent." He said.

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus said.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?"

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say without the attitude." Klaus said and the hybrid smiled and grabbed the painting, "and be careful with that. It's still wet."

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan said.

"Yes. That was very nice of him. Why are we having a history lesson?" Amelia said.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximise on the benefits of free labour?" Klaus said.

Amelia stood up and walked next to Klaus, "what are you doing here?"

"Elena is sired to Damon." Stefan said.

"We intuited as much." Klaus said.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making post-modern snowflakes." Stefan said.

"We've delivered. We retrieved the Hunter's Sword from Italy which well use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's Mark." Klaus said.

"You're the one who's supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark." Amelia said.

"Well, Jeremy is the Hunter. He has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us."

"Sounds like quite the chore." Amelia said.

"Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work."

"Hmm. Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan said.

"Why would we lie, Stefanie?" Amelia said.

Klaus smiled and started walking to the other room which held the large safe, "we're in this together."

He unlocks the safe and swings the door open and pulls out the sword.

"The hilt acts as a cipher which we'll use to decode the marks on Jeremy's tattoo when he's killed enough vampires to complete it."

Stefan examined the sword as Klaus sat down on a couch.

Amelia sat next to him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"I heard you moved out of your house. Bit of a martyr move. Hmm?"

"I'm not here to bond, Klaus." Stefan said as he put the sword on the table.

"Oh, on the contrary. I think right now I'm the best friend you got."

***

After Stefan left, Amelia and Klaus were still on the couch.

"Somethings wrong with your hybrids." Amelia said.

Klaus's stopped playing with her hair, "you think?"

"Yeah. It's either they're all un-sired or they're just acting real shady."

"There's no way that they can all be un-sired, there's like 12 of them, excluding Tyler seeing as he definitely is un-sired. We would of noticed."