chapter 23 ~ dirty gallagher

I threw my backpack into the back of Britney's car as the lot of us piled ourselves in.

This wasn't the first time child services had taken us away and honestly I doubt it would be the last.

"You guys okay?" The worker asked as we all shrugged our shoulders. This was something we were just used to. "Things are going to be a little different this time, i've had to change your usual placements"

Now this is something that got our attention. What does she mean change our usual placements?

"I've placed Liam and Carl together. But Debbie has to be placed separately. And you older three will be going to a co-ed group home"

No fucking way. Debbie and I had always been placed together, there was no way I was going to let her go by herself.

"You can't be fucking serious?" I snapped, pulling my sister into a hug.

"I'm sorry" She smiled before turning forward. Oh sorry my fucking ass, she knew what she was doing.

Our first stop was the group home myself and my brothers would be staying at. And I wasn't lying when I said this place looked like an actual jail.

"Good day gentlemen, and ladies. My name is D'Andre and this is Gunderson House. A level-14 group home, housing underage D&D's in Chicago's system" He started.

Holy shit, we were actually being sent to a jail.

D&D didn't only just stand for Dungeons and Dragons but also delinquents and deviants....

"You're wallets and phones will be in my care until you've proven to me that you can follow the rules" He went on as we followed him into the building.

He showed me over to the girls side of the room which was occupied by a bunch of pot heads. I got settled on my cot as two wannabe-gangster type girls made there way over to me.

"I'm Cassie, and look I don't want any trouble okay?" I muttered as I handed them each a 20 dollar bill.

"Long as you show respect, we're gonna be fine" One of them smirked before they waltzed their way back to their beds.

God, fucking kill me now.

"Cassandra Gallagher" A man yelled as I poked my head out from my cot. "You're work permit, you can start tomorrow"

I took the paper from his hands, glad that I wouldn't be hauled up in this room for the next few days.

Now I just needed to get through tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quickly threw my bag over my shoulder as my brother's and I made our way out of the building the next morning.

"Hey! I missed you guys" Fiona yelled as she pulled us into a hug.

"This place is a fucking joke" Lip laughed as we climbed into the back of Jimmy's car.