fifty four

Charlotte Thompson

Sleep hasn't been an option since we got to the hospital. My emotional state has been too fragile and my mind has been running wild.

Harry managed to make it to the hospital barely conscious, with me and Niall supporting him and holding him as we rushed him in. But he collapsed once we got him through the entrance.

He was quickly put on a stretcher by a group of doctors while an oxygen mask was pulled over his mouth and nose and he was rushed to an emergency room. I watched it all happen in fear, trying to follow the stretcher but ultimately was not allowed to. I was forced to sit in the waiting room and wait anxiously for him to be stabilized.

He's okay, but he's lost a dangerous amount of blood. Right now he's still knocked out, but stable.

Ricky wasn't so lucky. He got shot in the stomach.

He was rushed to surgery, because the bullet was still lodged inside of him.

The doctors said that it's a miracle he's alive. The bullet luckily didn't hit anything major.

I haven't seen him yet, I've been with Harry the whole time.

I want him to wake up with me next to him before I go and visit Ricky.

We've all been here since 11:45. It's about 3 in the morning now.

I look at Harry passed out on the hospital bed, the noise of quiet steady beeps surrounding us while I sit on the chair next to him.

His cheek had a deep cut that was repaired with stitches. His hands rested on his stomach which was rising and falling steadily. The oxygen mask was still over his face to help him with his breathing.

He was in a hospital gown but one side of it was draped down his shoulder from when the nurse put a fresh bandage on his wound.

They loaded him up with some kind of drug that will help with the pain when he wakes up, and they told me he'll probably be a little bit groggy.

I don't know what's going to happen with tour. Harry won't be able to play guitar and I doubt Ricky will be able to continue with the drums after being shot in the abdomen.

If tour ends here, I'm fine with it.

It was simply to get these people off of our backs anyway, and it hasn't worked so what's the point in continuing.

Harry begins to move around a little, his body shifting on the small hospital bed as he begins to wake up.

I grab his hand from off of his stomach and hold it, showing him that I'm here.

His head moves on the pillow, turning to face me now instead of away.

His eyes squint tighter together before they start to flutter open. I squeeze his hand.

He opens his eyes fully and looks at me, furrowing his brows for a moment and then looking around.

He's probably confused on what's happening or where he is.

He goes to speak but then takes in the mask on his face. He uses the hand of his uninjured arm to take it off.

"Are..." he begins to speak, looking around the room. "are we in a hospital?" he asks, his voice was cracking from the yelling and also not talking for a while when he was passed out.

"You and Ricky got shot." I tell him, holding his hand firmly.

His eyes go wide for a moment and he tries to move. "Ricky? Is he okay?" he says while hissing in pain from his shoulder.