forty three

very very minor trigger warning- a little bit of blood

Charlotte Thompson

I was more than happy to leave New York.

It felt refreshing just to be out of that city, let alone the state all together.

Just days ago, it was announced that the Liam, the drummer of Devil's Advocate would be departing from the band and not completing the tour.

Ricky's the new drummer, until further notice.

New security was hired. Now they follow the band everywhere. They're getting bigger, so it's kind of a necessity now.

Today, we boarded a private jet to San Diego.

We were going from the skyscrapers in the big city to beaches and sunshine. I couldn't lie, I was kind of excited...especially now that Liam wasn't with us.

The jet was luxurious...something I had never pictured myself upon. The boys had never been on one either, so we were all taking in the experience together.

I sat down by myself on a big comfy seat. It wasn't like a regular plane seat, it was much more roomy and it faced another chair just like it, with a couch behind it that ran along the interior of the plane.

I smiled to myself as I looked out the window, the plane was getting ready for take off. I put my headphones in, shuffling a playlist I had made and letting the first song play in my ears.

I'm really grateful I have a phone now. Listening to music was a comfort activity for me.

I want the next days to feel like a vacation. Liam was off our backs and we were practically across the country now.

I suddenly felt a warm pair of hands on my shoulders, making me look up and over my shoulders to see Harry standing behind me. I smile softly at him as I take my earbud out.

I realized that all the boys had filed into this part of the plane, going to sit on the couch part.

Harry walks around to the seat across from mine, sitting down and looking at me.

"What are you listening to?" he tilts his head, gesturing to my white earbuds.

I look down at my phone, turning it off. "Nothing, just some music."

He nods and silently looks out the window. "I've never been on a plane before." he murmurs, his head turned to the side.

"Neither have I."

I notice his small mannerisms. He rubbed his palms on his jeans and sucked in air through his nose, slowly breathing it out of his mouth.

It was when the plane slowly lurched into motion that I saw him fully shift in his seat, suddenly placing his hands at the end of the armrests and gripping the leather.

Is he scared of planes?

"Are you excited for San Diego?" I say, trying to distract him if I was right about him being a little scared.

I understand where the fear of planes comes from, but I just wouldn't have expected him to have it.

He swallows and nods. "I think so."

My lips curl softly. "Will you take me to the beach?"

He nods again. "Sure, yeah." he says with little to no confidence in his tone.

When the plane picked up speed and got into the air, I watched as Harry's eyes briefly widened and his head snapped away from the window.

With his head still turned away, his hand reached over to the window and fumbled until his fingers blindly found the shutter, pulling it down over the window so the outside couldn't be seen.