eleven

Charlotte Thompson

I woke up to weird and sudden clattering noise. It made me jolt awake. It felt like I had slept for days on end.

My half asleep state looked around the room, seeing Harry missing from the bed and the handcuffs missing from my wrist.

I figured the banging was from Harry, maybe coming home from wherever he was.

I sat up in the bed, rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms out. I was about to get up and leave the bedroom, but a loud knock occurred at the window.

It startled me and caused me to whip around to look at the window.

And what I saw made my heart drop and my blood run completely cold.

On the other side of the window was a man standing on the roof. He was dressed in black, wearing a ski mask that covered his face.

I immediately scream, terrified by the disturbing sight of a stranger outside my window.

I bolt out of the room, completely forgetting about the banging that was coming from downstairs.

Were there more people here?

What do they want?

I didn't know what to do or where to go. I stood frozen in the middle of the hallway trying to figure out an escape plan.

"Charlotte!" I hear my name being called from downstairs.

It sounded like Harry. Usually him yelling my name would be a bad thing, but now all I could feel was relief.

I run down the stairs, knowing the banging source was just him.

"Harry! There's someone outside!" I yell as I run across the first floor of the house, finding him at the back door which had the same lock as the front.

I crash directly into him, gripping onto him in fear. He wraps his arms around me. For the first time ever, his touch felt so protective. I didn't feel like he was going to hurt me.

"Who are they?" I ask, keeping my face nuzzled into his chest because I was too scared to look around.

"Calm down. You can't freak out okay? You gotta keep your mind on track so we get out of this alive." he says.

His fingers gripped into my arm.

"We're gonna go out the back-"

A pounding sound comes from the other side of the back door, blocking our only other exit.

"C'mon." Harry says frantically, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me up the stairs so we were on the second level again.

I was in full fledged panic, not knowing what was gonna happen next.

I didn't know who these people were and I didn't know why there were trying to break in.

Harry pulls me into his room and locks his bedroom door.

I stop in the middle of the room, arms crossed over my fluttering stomach in fear. "W-whats going on?"

"Shh!" he scolds, putting his ear against the door to hear if there was any activity on the other side.

I bite my quivering lip and tuck my hair behind my ear, unable to fathom the situation I'm currently in.

I'm hiding from people trying to break in with the man who kidnapped me.

This is one for the books.

I turn around, noticing that the curtains weren't drawn over the window and if anyone were to come up to it they would see us.