thirty six

*this is what harry's suite would look like, btw*

New York City

Harry Styles

Arriving in New York and staying in such a grand hotel should excite me more than it is. We have an entire week to spend here full of shows and parties.

But my mind has been distracted lately.

This place reminds me of my father. I try not to associate every part of this city with a memory of him, but it's hard.

I've had to suppress so many things, one of them being the fact that my colleague attacked Charlotte.

Knowing what Liam did and having to face him was causing the angry fire inside me to burn faster and faster each time I looked at his face.

I've got to do something about it, but I cant look suspicious.

But tonight, as a celebration of our first night in New York city on tour, Niall was hosting a party.

I'm trying to look at it as a distraction, but then again I'd have Charlotte with me, so I'd be keeping her out of trouble all night.

Or vice versa.

We booked her a hotel room of her own to avoid suspicion, but in reality she was staying with me in my suite. It was just safer this way.

Despite the recent events, Charlotte is actually looking forward to Niall's party. She partied a lot back in Charleston, so I guess it was like a second nature for her.

Whatever takes her mind off what's going on, I guess.

I had two joints and ecstasy ready for tonight, as well as a bottle of whiskey. I wasn't sure which one would be my vice later on, it really depends on how the night goes.

We were getting ready to head down to Niall's private suite, one that he specifically rented out for partying. I was in black button up, only buttoned up right where my chest began and the sleeves rolled up to my elbows, and black jeans.

I leaned against the sleek black piano in the middle of the suite, positioned next to the large windows that looked over the busy New York streets.

I graze my fingertips along the shiny surface, before sitting down on the bench in front of the keys.

It's been a while since I've touched a piano.