thirteen

^this is what i picture the motel to look like :)

Harry Styles

I woke up, feeling the presence of another person in my bed.

I turn to the side and see none other than a brown-haired pain in my ass curled up next to me.

I look at her sleeping body through my tired eyes. Her hair was in her face, breathing through her mouth.

She does that, as I've noticed.

She's the furthest thing from graceful when she's asleep...it's a good look for her.

I slowly sit up from the bed, leaving her resting peacefully on top of the comforter. Both of us slept without it. We didn't really plan on falling asleep the way we did.

I walk into the bathroom, brush my teeth and turn on the shower.

It was a rusted, old, even moldy setup...but what more can you expect from a motel like this?

I take off my pants. I had fallen asleep without a shirt on after cleaning my gunshot wound.

Looking in the mirror, I unwrap the gauze from around my shoulder. I wince once the gash becomes exposed. My shoulder was really sore, but nothing a few painkillers won't fix. The worst thing about it was how it looked. I could see my flesh, which of course wasn't pleasant in the slightest.

As soon as I step into the hot water, my wound immediately starts to sting. I hiss and grit my teeth as the gunshot wound gets washed by the water.

I've felt worse pain, but this definitely wasn't great.

I try to ignore it, washing my hair and letting my mind wander.

But, for some reason, the only place my mind goes is her.

Cherry.

*8 hours ago*

Her hand comes up to my cheek as our lips glide together. They were soft and tasted like cherry lip balm. Fitting.

She was a good kisser, I won't deny it. She knew all the right movements. She didn't rush, she didn't take too much control, no tongue right away.

She's been kissed before, I can tell.

She took my bottom lip between her teeth, then shifted her legs so she could get on top of me and straddle me.

It's going too far. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Stop." I say, pulling away from the kiss and putting my hands on her hips.

She looks at me with wet lips and wide pupils. "D-did I do something?" she asks, sounding worried.

I look into her deep brown eyes as they flick back and forth between mine. She was softly panting, her body excited by where this was heading.

But it had to stop.

"N-no. I just...I shouldn't have kissed you. It was wrong." I shake my head as I help her get off of me.

She plops down beside me on the bed, cracking her knuckles and awkwardly tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." she clears her throat and avoids eye contact.