seventeen

The thing about Harry was that he wasn't inherently evil. I could see that now. He was intentionally evil.

He wanted to do bad things. He wanted to be a criminal. It's the way he preferred to do things.

But then there was this part of him that was protecting me, keeping me away from whoever was hunting me down. I didn't know if he necessarily wanted to be in this position, but he was still doing it nonetheless.

I cant figure him out. I don't think he wants me to, but that only makes me want to more.

We left the high school, beginning our journey back to the hotel. It was dark now, approaching midnight.

I was in a good mood, probably due to the pot. Harry didn't seem too uptight either.

Some part of me wished it would last.

His feet scuff the ground as we walk, both of our clothes soaked from the pool. I was shivering, hands over my goosebump covered arms.

Harry stops and looks over at me.

"Do you want my shirt?" he asks.

I furrow my brows. "Huh?"

"My shirt. It's dry. Do you wanna wear it?" he clarifies.

He took his black shirt off before we got into the pool, so it was the only dry item of clothing.

"Uh. No it's okay." I deny his offer.

He rolls his eyes, throwing his head back with an annoyed groan.

"Just fucking take it, you're gonna get more sick than you already are." he says.

"Well do you want me to just change in the middle of the street?" I retort.

He huffs then looks behind me. He pushes me by the shoulder a few feet backward until I realize we're in between two buildings in an alley.

He doesn't even let me get a word in before he takes his shirt off by the collar.

He throws it at me, I catch it and roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

I grab the bottom of my wet shirt that was clinging to my body, and lift it over my head. I leave it on the ground as I pull the dry shirt onto my body.

I admit, it did feel better.

I go to pick up my wet shirt, but Harry grabs my hand suddenly.

He whips me around behind him, keeping a firm grip on my wrist.

"What are you-"

"Shhh!" he quiets me.

I shut my mouth, noticing he was looking at something just a few metres away.

I could hear jumbled voices.

I grip onto Harry's bare arm in nervousness.

Three people walk into view, on the sidewalk in front of the alley we were in. They couldn't see us because of the darkness, but we could see them due to the streetlamps.

"What the fuck." Harry mumbles, sounding angry. I squint, trying to see what was making him like this.

And then I saw it, the three men were wearing black trenchcoats, faces covered by masks.

"We have to make this fast." one of them says to the other men.

Harry and I stand there in silence and listen.

"Styles has the girl you want. He's told her about you guys. She knows she's in danger and she knows she's safer with him, so your original plan is out the window."