twenty seven

Harry Styles

There's fifteen minutes to stage.

I sat on the black leather couch in my dressing room, legs spread open in my black skinny jeans and white tank top as Niall sat beside me. The crew could be heard running about outside my room and backstage, making sure everything was ready.

Niall hands me a dollar bill, which I roll up tightly as I prepare to snort the line of white powdered narcotics on the clear table in front of us.

"Have you seen the crowd yet?" Niall questions, rolling up his own bill.

"Nope. I'm waiting until we get out there."

"It's packed."

"That's good."

I can feel Niall giving me a weird look.

"You alright?" he asks.

Truth is, my mind was all over the fucking place.

Ever since what happened with Charlotte back at the hotel, I haven't been able to think straight.

She's been running through my head like wildfire. I've always been able to push people out of my thoughts, but she's so different.

I don't know if it's due to the fact that she doesn't want me, or the fact that she's like forbidden fruit...but either way she's driving me crazy.

But I'm kinda into it.

She gives me mixed messages. Sometimes I can feel the sexual tension, sometimes it's nothing. She doesn't clarify it, either. She's so vague.

She's such a deviant trickster and I don't even know if she's doing it on purpose.

I haven't spoken to her since the hotel. I've barely even seen her. I caught a glimpse of her on the ride here, but that's it. She's been with Ricky most of the night.

She looked incredible from what I saw. She wore baggy mom jeans and fitted white crop top, her hair down in her natural waves. She had her makeup done, too...which was odd considering I didn't even know she was capable of applying makeup to her natural face.

"I'm fine." I respond to Niall.

It only took a split second for me to snap out of my thoughts when a knock occurred at my dressing room door.

I figured it was Louis or Liam coming in to mooch off the drugs we had, so I shouted "Come in", with no hesitation.

But, what I was not expecting was a certain brown haired girl to open the door and peek her head in.

I look up at her and our eyes meet.

"Am I interrupting?" she asks, looking between me and Niall.

"No." I shake my head, even though she definitely did just walk in on us about to do a line of cocaine each.

She nods and walks in slowly, her eyes looking down at the white powder and her brow arching.

"If you're busy I can leave." she remarks, figuring out what was going down.

"We're not. It's fine." I say, acting as if the drugs weren't a big deal to her...even though I knew hard narcotics like that were.

Niall nudges my shoulder. "I'm gonna go see Louis." he says before standing up and walking out, nodding at Charlotte in the process.

She looks at me, rubbing one of her arms up and down with the other. She seemed a little off, like there was something on her mind.

"Sorry for ruining your...session." she mutters.