twenty four

A crew that was hired by the band was loading a bus full of equipment. There were four buses that were being used for this tour.

Two for all the equipment, one for the crew, and one for the guys.

I stood outside the hotel, standing against the brick wall as the sunset. I was watching everyone prepare to venture out on this tour that I had to be apart of.

It was really warm out tonight. I was outside in just a pair of jean shorts and a red tank top, my hair up in a ponytail to keep it off my neck.

There were so many people apart of this tour. I wonder if they all knew what Harry and the guys do when they're not a band. I mean, this tour was created to get a bunch of scary fucking people off their ass.

Devil's Advocate is getting really big. I've seen so many adverts for their tour everywhere. On tv, billboards, newspapers. They're becoming more and more well known across the country and I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Another thing they had to worry about was paparazzi. Harry and I were already caught together and it got into the media. Ricky hired security, which were big buff men in black suits, and I'm positive they had each murdered at least one person in their lifetime.

It all seemed so weird, almost performative. It was like half the people knew why this tour was really happening, while the other half had no idea.

After Harry opened up to me the other night in the pool, it put a lot of things into perspective. I realized I'm not a hostage, even though technically I was kidnapped. But Harry had no real malicious intent with me, even if he was a jerk. He had one job and it was to keep me safe.

I realized that Harry actually has a love for music and this band was created because these four boys all shared that love. They just got caught up in some bad shit.

I also realized that I need to start enjoying myself. As Harry said, I'm gonna be able to go places I've never been. This could be a good opportunity for me.

Everything felt all over the place, like I was living some movie that kept having plot twists.

It started with a string of murders, then I met the murderer, then I was forced to stay with the murderer, then the murderer told me he's in a band. Now the murderer's band is going on tour and I'm going with them.

What part of this makes any sense?

Will it ever start making sense?

I had my packed bag set down beside me. We're leaving tonight and we'll be in Pennsylvania tomorrow. They're kicking the tour off in Philadelphia.

The tickets sold out insanely fast. There was expected to be a huge turn out. A full arena.

It was a really easy opportunity for anyone who wanted me to come and grab me...and that made me really nervous. Hopefully the security idea works out well.

"Who knew this many buses would be needed for a fake fucking tour." a voice says, a presence appearing beside me suddenly. I immediately recognized it as Harry's voice, turning my head to see him standing next to me with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, wearing a white shirt that had black sleeves.

I look from him back out at the set up. "Who knew I'd be going on tour with a the guy who kidnapped me." I joke, making a small smirk crawl upon his lips as he chuckles under his breath.

"You're never gonna let that one go, are ya?" he says, bearing the same smirk.

I shake my head, crossing my arms as I lean against the wall and look straight ahead. "Nope."