twenty five

hi sorry this took forever ... new book cover , what do we think

Charlotte Thompson

I woke up, feeling the bus move smoothly under my body.

It was dark when I opened my eyes, and I didn't know where I was at first. I sat up, eventually noticing that I had ended up in my bunk.

I don't know how I got here, but I also don't remember falling asleep.

I open the curtain that kept out the natural light, looking up to see the other curtains to the bunks closed. They must still be asleep.

I slowly sit up, crawling out of my bunk as quietly as possible because I didn't want to wake anyone up.

My mind was wide awake, but my body was so tired. I could feel my shoulders slumping over and my eyes still quite heavy. But my busy thoughts wouldn't allow me to go back to sleep.

I trudge over to the small compacted bathroom. Luckily, I was the first one awake and the first one to use this bathroom, so I don't have to worry about mess this time.

The bathroom simply consisted of a toilet and a sink. Showers would have to wait for whenever we were at hotels. I look at my tattered appearance in the mirror, bags were forming under my eyes and my hair was a mess. I haven't looked so worn out since the day I woke up as Harry's captive.

Sometimes- and I don't know why- I forget that Harry is a criminal who kidnapped me. It slips my mind that it's literally how we met.

My life is literally a messed up movie with plot twists that make no sense.

Because, Harry has proven to me that he has no harmful intentions towards me...which I find hard to believe, especially because I stood over him with a knife and contemplated stabbing him so I could escape.

But, the point is, I didn't. So, that's gotta count for something.

I've tried so hard, upon learning about Harry and who he is, to not feel like a hostage. I knew that Harry and the guys were simply protecting me, and I do realize now that it wasn't an option for me to remain with my family because those people knew where we lived.

But, I also know that if I were to try and run away, Harry would definitely give me something to cry about. He's so angry when I don't abide by his specific regimes. That's a thing about him I don't like. He doesn't allow me to have any sort of control, but I don't think he necessarily does that purposely...it's just who he is.

Like I said, the origin of Harry and I's relationship has slipped my mind, but when I do remember, those thoughts can be quite haunting and overbearing.

Might have something to do with the fact that he threatened to keep me tied up in a closet, kill me, and handcuffed me to a bed...Just a guess.

My perspective on him has changed, though. Ever since he told me about his music, I've seen this good spark in him that wants to come out so badly but can't because it's being pushed down by all the darkness.

He puts on this facade, pretending not to care about anyone or anything...but lately I've been seeing right through that.

He's still a fucking dick, especially for what he did yesterday, but he has a heart.

A grinch-sized heart, but still, a heart.

Harry Styles, the man who can make you feel a million different things at once. Hatred, anger, confusion, arousal, happiness.