twenty one

thank you for 10k 🥺

Charlotte Thompson

I had a weird feeling when I woke up. It was like I wasn't alone.

My blurred eyes scan the bed, seeing that it was empty.

But then my eyes landed on the figure sitting in a chair next to the bed, making me almost freak out in surprise.

But turns out it was Harry, passed out in the chair. His elbow was propped up on the arm, his head being supported by his fist.

It was starting to come back now, between seeing him there and the pounding headache. I had fallen asleep clinging onto him, crying helplessly.

I expected him to leave once I finally shut up.

But he stayed.

I rub my eyes, quietly sitting up and crawling out from under the thick duvet. I tiptoe to the bathroom, freshening up and brushing my teeth. I was in there for maybe six minutes.

When I came out, I saw Harry awake and stretching his arms out, looking around as if he had forgotten he'd fallen asleep in here.

His glossy eyes land on me, he blinks a couple times. "Hi." he says.

"Hi."

"You've got quite the set of lungs on you." he remarks, making me tilt my head.

"Your nightmare." he says, making me clue in.

"Oh. Well, it was scary." I shrug.

I don't know how to speak to him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asks, spreading his legs in the chair with his arms resting on the armrests.

"Not really." I mumble.

He sighs, rolling his green eyes slightly. "Fine." he pushes himself up off the chair. "Listen, there's something we gotta talk about."

I furrow my brows. "What?"

"We robbed a casino last night." he says bluntly.

I had to blink a couple times to register that. "Wait, a casino?"

"Mhm." he nods. "Anyways, to avoid the robbery being traced back to us, the band is going on tour." he speaks as if he's ripping off a bandaid.

"Tour? Like, across the country?" I ask, my stomach in knots.

"Yes. It'll only last like a month or so."

My heart starts pounding and my head begins to cloud with jumpy thoughts and I become dizzy. I could feel a panic attack coming on.

"H-Harry, I can't. I need to go home." I stammer as I feel my entire body get hot.

"Charlotte, you know you can't-"

"No no no. I can't go across the country with you guys. I'm already far enough from home, please. I-I need to go back." I plop down on the bed, threading my hands through my hair.

I want my family back.

"It's for your own good." he says.

I shake my head. "I cant do it. Please, Harry." my breath becomes quick and uneven. I look up at him standing over me. "Please let me go." my voice cracks.

I watch his face fall. He actually seemed concerned.

"Relax, okay? It won't be as bad as you think." he says, walking towards me and sitting next to me on the bed.