Teaching a Lesson

Red looked at him with a confused and serious expression, "what did I ever do to you?" he asked.

"it's what you've done to these people," he said motioning to everyone around him.

Red was even more confused, but Billy wasn't done. "Fun," he said in a low condescending voice, "all this talk of fun is complete stupidity. A pokemon battle is a fight to be the strongest, focusing on fun makes you weak. And here you are, the Champion of Kanto promoting this bulls***. Lance and the Elite 4 must have gone soft if you're the new champion."

Leaf gritted her teeth, the nerve of this guy, insulting Red like that, she wasn't gonna stand for it. "Now hold on, pokemon battles are supposed to be fun! And besides, Red's a better trainer than you'll ever be!"

Billy gave her the deadliest glare he could muster. "Nobody was talking to you, you wench!"

"Shut your d*** mouth!" Red yelled.

Red was livid at that comment, Leaf and the others were surprised to see Red so angry. The last time she saw him that angry was when her old roommates pulled that shower stunt on her. Leaf felt a rush of affection as she came to realize that. Red took a quick breath to calm himself down. "You can say whatever you want about me but don't you DARE, talk to Leaf like that! And she's right, pokemon battles are meant to be fun, all the champions and gym leaders will tell you that," Red said.

"I guess this entire world has gone soft then. If that's the case then I'll do away with all of it. And I'll start with you."

As he said that Hydreigon jumped out in front of him letting out a vicious snarl. Leaf grabbed Red's hand and smiled. "Kick his butt," she said.

"You know I will," he said confidently as he returned Blastoise, "You were awesome out there, buddy. Thank you."

Red returned to his side of the field with Leaf in tow. "Well don't keep me waiting," Billy snapped.

"Oh don't you worry, I'm ready," he said as he pulled out a Pokeball.

This guy was going down; first, he attacked his Blastoise, then he insulted everything he believed in, and worst of all he insulted Leaf. There's no way he was letting him get away with that. "I'm counting on you, Charizard!" he said releasing his trusty dragon.

Charizard let out a mighty roar as he materialized on the battlefield. Hilbert and Nate were pumped, "Oh we are in for a show now," Nate said excitedly.

Leaf, Ethan, and Lyra all realized that they had never seen Charizard in a battle before. The only thing they had seen of Charizard in battle was the battle with Lance that Blue leaked to everyone at the party. Pretty much everybody struggled against his other pokemon during the tournament, if they were that strong then how strong was Charizard? Guess they were about to find out.

"Let's make this quick, Hydreigon. Use Dragon Pulse!" said Billy.

Hydreigon's three heads spat out a beam of dragon energy and the three beams came together to make a single powerful attack but Red was unphased. "Use Dragon Claw!" said Red.

Charizard's claws glowed green and he used them to block the incoming attack. The attack exploded on impact creating a cloud of smoke around Charizard. Billy decided to take the opportunity to attack. "use Dark Pulse!" he commanded.

Hydreigon's dark energy attack went directly through the cloud, Charizard had vanished. "Where the heck?" Billy wondered out loud.

Then he looked up, somehow Charizard had flown out of the cloud without being seen. "Use Air Slash!" commanded Red.

Charizard's wings glowed white and he flapped them sending many white blades of air flying towards Hydreigon. "Come on is that the best you've got?! Hydreigon use Dragon Pulse!" said Billy.