Hard Fought Battles

"Bastiodon, use Iron Head!" the opposing trainer called as her Bastiodon started charging at Red's Snorlax while engulfing itself in white steel energy.

Snorlax took the attack but also held it but the head, keeping it from gaining any ground on him. "Dig in, Snorlax!" Red commanded.

With all his strength, Snorlax pushed Bastiodon back a few steps before throwing the dinosaur-like pokemon straight up in the air. And Bastiodon went VERY high up, like 25 feet in the air. It was especially surprising considering how much of a heavy tank Bastiodon was. Bastiodon came crashing back down on the field. "Come on Bastiodon get up!" his trainer called out. Bastiodon was struggling to get back to his feet having taken a considerable amount of damage from the previous display of strength.

"Alright Snorlax, use Body Slam!" Red commanded.

Snorlax jumped high into the air and came back down landing on Bastiodon and creating a small crater. After a few seconds, Snorlax climbed out of the crater with his usual happy, sleepy smile and Bastiodon was laying down in the crater knocked out. "Awesome job Snorlax, return," Red said as he returned his pokemon.

Nate was quick to give him a high five as his win meant that they advanced to the finals. The announcer then spoke up, "Alright everyone, it has been an exciting night but all good things must come to an end. For our final team match, we have Nate, Hilbert, and Red vs. the Valley Elites (Kevin's team)."

Hilbert and Hilda arrived back on the scene, "What'd we miss?" Hilbert asked.

"Red kicked butt so we're in the finals. Time to lay waste to those smug old men," said Nate.

"I'll do just that," Hilbert said confidently.

"Go get 'em," Hilda said before kissing him on the cheek.

Hilbert walked over to his end of the battlefield and stared down his opponent on the other side. His opponent's normally smug face had gotten serious, guess this guy's pretty hell-bent on winning now that they were in the home stretch. "Alright Bo, let's do this!" Hilbert called as he threw out his pokemon. 

The Pokemon in question was an Emboar, he puffed large flames out of his shoulders as a show of strength. Hilbert's opponent then pulled out his pokemon, "Let's kick his a** Nidoqueen!" he said as he threw out his pokemon.

The two pokemon stared each other down ready for a fight. "Nidoqueen, use Sludge Bomb!" the other guy commanded.

Nidoqueen took a deep breath and shot a small number of poison globs out of her mouth. "Bo, use Hammer Arm to stir up the sand!" Hilbert commanded.

So Bo quickly reeled his hand back, which began glowing white and slammed it into the ground in front of him creating a wall of sand. As a result, the poison struck the wall of sand and dissipated into the ground. "Good going Bo, now use Flamethrower!" Hilbert commanded again.

Nidoqueen braced herself as she was engulfed in a torrent of flames. She collapsed on one knee in pain as she tried to shake off the attack. After a moment, Nidoqueen gets back on her feet. Her trainer smirked in satisfaction. "Not today kid, use Earthquake!" he called.

Nidoqueen raised one foot and slammed it back down releasing several seismic waves. Bo took some serious damage from the super effective attack but managed to stay on his feet. "Nice try, now Bo use Flame Wheel!" Hilbert commanded.

Bo somersaulted forward engulfing himself in flames. Then with immense speed, he rolled towards Nidoqueen. "Nidoqueen, use Earthquake!" the other guy called.

Nidoqueen did the same attack as before but in a turn of events, Bo jumped up avoiding the earthquake. Nidoqueen became wide-eyed as Bo came straight at her from the sky whilst still doing Flame Wheel. She cried out in pain as he hit her and a cloud of dust erupted from the ground. When the dust cleared, Bo was on top of Nidoqueen and they were locked hands trying as hard as they could to overpower the other. Nidoqueen's trainer got a smirk on his face, "Looks like we've got you," he said.