Camp vs. Camp Part 4

An Ambipom was flung upward, grabbing onto as many illuminated lamps as he could with his tails along the way. Once it reached its highest point it looked down to focus on grabbing more lamps on the way down. It seemed like it was going to potentially gather enough points for Hill Valley to overtake Team Oak and win the first round. Unfortunately, as he came back down he bumped into his teammate, a Mr. Mime, and they both fell back to the ground stunned. That little screw-up ate up the last of the time they had to score points. "Aaaand that's it, folks, the final score for Lamp Jump is 325 to 295," announced Professor Oak, "and that means the winner of this game, is Team Oak!"

The Team Oak supporters cheered in celebration. They had a huge advantage now, if they can win one more game this round then they win the whole thing! "Alright folks, this tournament is almost at its end! Team Hill Valley does still have a chance though if they can win this next game. And speaking of, it's time to begin our next event, Disc Catch!" announced Professor Oak.

Once again everyone cheered in anticipation. This next game was taking place on the lake.

A member of each team stood at each point space in preparation for the discs to be thrown

A member of each team stood at each point space in preparation for the discs to be thrown. On Team Oak, there was a Spoink, a Blaziken, and a Spearow while on Team Hill Valley there was a Skarmory, a Hitmonlee, and a Dodrio. "This is it folks it's time to begin! 3...2...1...GO!!!" Professor Oak said as an alarm also went off beginning the round as white discs were randomly thrown towards the platform. The pokemon moved around the platform preparing for any discs that might get thrown their way.

The first one was caught by Blaziken in the 3 point area, the next one by Spoink in the 1 point area, and the next one after by Spearow in the 5 point area. With such a strong starting performance, Team Oak was looking to make it a decisive win for the camp.

Until it wasn't...

After that strong start, the Team Hill Valley pokemon started catching discs left and right, barely giving the Team Oak pokemon a chance to catch. Their trainers could do nothing but stare in disbelief while the Team Hill Valley trainers looked over at them smugly knowing they had this game in the bag.

In a last desperate attempt to score some points for the team, Blaziken rushed for the 5 point area right as the final disc was thrown and jumped for it. However, he was just a little bit too slow as Skarmory slipped in and snatched it just before Blaziken could reach it. The alarm went off again signaling the end of the game. "That is all folks!" Kevin announced, "With that, the final score is 18 to 62 and that means that Team Hill Valley is the winner!"

Hill Valley supporters cheered while Team Oak supporters either booed or stayed silent. This was not how they were expecting this to go. But it wasn't the end yet, it was a best out of three games after all. They could still take the whole thing if they win the next game. "Looks like Team Hill Valley isn't out of it yet, this next game could be a gamechanger. Next up we have the Hurdle Dash!" Kevin announced.