Dates and Pranks

It was a very different perspective seeing everything from the sky. Everything seemed so small and you could see every part of the forest and the approaching town. This perspective had to be one of Leaf's favorites. "This is amazing!" she said.

"It sure is, have you never been flying before?" asked Red.

"No, I don't have any flying types and I've never been anywhere that I've had to fly to get to."

"A good-sized flying type will take you wherever you want to go. Do you have a Pidgeot or a Fearow?"

"No."

"Really? Oh well, if you want we could fly around like this more," Red offered.

"That sounds great, Red," Leaf said as she rested her chin on his shoulder.

Soon they landed at the bowling alley in town. On the outside, it was pretty standard but inside it was all retro tech with all the old tv screens and animations, old bowling ball returners, and the racks full of different colored bowling balls. By the doors, there were some old pinball machines and grabbing games. There was a bar area for the older folks that were there. To top it all off, Jump by Van Halen was playing over the speakers. "I love this place already," Red said as he and Leaf walked over to their lane, "Reminds me of the bowling alley in Viridian City."

"Hey, I remember that place. My parents and I went there a couple of times when we came to visit Kanto!" said Leaf.

"It's a great place isn't it?"

"Yeah, I had a blast there! I never pegged you for a bowler, Red."

"It's up there with battling for my favorite things to do."

"I'm guessing training pokemon would be next in line after battling?" Leaf asked jokingly.

"You're not too far off," Red replied with a smile. Leaf giggled and leaned in capturing Red's lips in a loving kiss. If they weren't in the middle of the walkway Red would've kept on kissing her.

"So tell me, how much of a bowler are you?" Red asked.

"I'm fairly big on bowling too. I'll warn you I'm pretty good at this, do you think you can win?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can kick your butt."

Leaf looked at him with a grin, "Really?"

"Really."

"I guess I'll just have to show you up then."

Red grinned back at her before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards their lane.

Their date officially began with the start of the first game. A few frames in, Red was at a total of 39 while Leaf was at 46. That came as Leaf bowled another spare, "Yes!" she cheered as she turned back to Red.

"Nice one Leaf, looks like this is gonna be close so you better watch it now," Red said.

"Whatever you say Red," Leaf said playfully.

So Red got up again and this time managed a strike, "Alright! How's that Leaf?"

"I'm impressed Red, now YOU better watch it," she said as she stood up and playfully poked him in the chest.

The rest of the game went by and Leaf was bowling her last frame. The scores were 135 - 123 and Leaf had a spare already marked on it. Leaf needed a good number to pull ahead. She walked down the lane and threw the ball but the ball went way off to the side and only knocked down 3 pins. Leaf hung her head in defeat as the total was made out to 135 and 129, Red had beaten her. "Good effort Leaf, but it looks like this round is mine," Red said from the couch behind her.