Not Valentines?

It was first thing in the morning and just about everybody was still asleep, everyone except for Hilda that is. She walked out to the dock in her swimsuit ready to do another lap to and from Hill Valley, hopefully, she could do it without running into some rich flirtatious douche or N. Then again not many people enjoy getting up at the butt crack of dawn. Whatever the case, Hilda dove in swimming like a pro swimmer. Because it was still early in the morning the water was extra cool exactly how she liked it.

Before long she made it to the dock at Hill Valley, pulling herself up and sitting on the edge. She took a deep breathtaking in the fresh morning air, it felt so great just being out in the open plus no Hill Valley guys to annoy her.

"Back again I see." Ugh spoke too soon. N stood behind her looking as stoic as ever. "Just swimming again," Hilda replied.

"I see, have you seen the pokemon in the lake below?" N asked.

"Yeah, I have," said Hilda.

"It's perfect down there. With no human interference, they can be the perfect creatures they're supposed to be."

Hilda just gave him a deadpanned look, "Whatever you say N."

N turned and inexplicably found himself staring at her. He was having that feeling about her again and it was stronger than before, much stronger. So he just kept looking at her, finding himself admiring all her different features and found himself wanting to see...more.

Hilda got uncomfortable with his staring real quick, "Um it's not polite to stare," she said.

N broke his gaze and turned away, "My apologies then," he simply said. It was then that something hit her, the way he was acting in the storeroom last week, the way he was staring at her just now, does he have feelings for her? Lord, she hoped not because she did want any drama.

"Ummm OK I gotta go," she said diving back into the water. N didn't even get a chance to say goodbye as he watched her swim back to camp.

xxxxx

Back at the summer camp, things were bustling more than usual. Unlike last week where people were putting up different decorations of the yellow and green variety, today lots of people were putting up red, white, and pink decorations and balloons. Why? Well, it's due to a little thing some of the counselors collaborated on for this year. It's pretty much a time for couples and lovers to express their love for each other and before you say it, it's NOT Valentine's Day. They pushed that point very hard on people when they announced it earlier this week.

As you can imagine it is also breakfast time and Red was sitting together with Ethan and Lyra. "I've heard of Christmas in July but Valentine's Day in July?" said Red. Hilbert smacked him in the back of the head, "Na ah ah, it's NOT Valentine's Day," he said as he walked away.

"This is so lame," said Red.

"I think it's a cute idea," said Lyra.

"Albeit a little unusual," Ethan followed up.

"Hey, guys!" Leaf showed up to the table with a tray of food with Blue behind her with his tray. Red was immediately annoyed that he was there. If there was one thing to admire about Blue it was that he was relentless; ever since the Mixer last week, Blue had been clawing his way back up to Red in the unspoken competition they were having for Leaf's heart, so she started spending more time with him as well. Although you could say Red was still kinda in the lead.