Intermission: Time for a Battle

This is sooooooo long overdue, I hope you enjoy :)

Since the competition was briefly on hold, things were a lot more relaxed around camp. Leaf and her family were particularly relaxed as they lounged by the river as they did on Parent's Weekend. It wasn't just them though, Red was sitting there with them chatting away and getting to know Leaf's parents. Since they were now together, Red and Leaf told them all about how things happened between them (minus the part where they made love). Now they were on the topic of Red's life as the Champion; Red was talking about how things played out for him at camp. "I would've thought for sure you would be super busy since you're the champion," said Isaac.

"Yeah the league doesn't require much from me," Red admitted, "just that I'm there should the league winner make it through the Elite 4 or should some big trouble arise. Usually, during the rest of that time, I'm out traveling and training."

"I see, so what made you want to work at this camp?" asked Rebecca.

"Well to be honest it wasn't my idea or my choice," he said sheepishly, "My mom registered me for this because she wanted me to be more social. Before this, I never really had any friends. Needless to say, her plan worked; I never could've imagined I would get to know such great people, especially someone as special as Leaf." he said that last part looking lovingly at his girlfriend.

Leaf returned Red's loving gaze and held hands with him, her face bright red. Isaac and Rebecca's hearts melted, unlike with Blue it was crystal clear that Red treasured their daughter. "I'm gonna go get a drink, you guys want anything?" Red asked as he stood up.

"I'll have some lemonade," Leaf said cheerfully.

"I'll take a cup of sweet tea," Isaac followed up.

"I'm OK, thank you," Rebecca said.

"Alright, I'll be back with those drinks shortly," Red said as he walked away.

After he walked off, Leaf looked forward peacefully staring at the lake. She was having mad Deja vu over the whole situation, only this was much sweeter. Her parents smiled at her, "It wasn't too long ago we were in this same position with Blue," Isaac said getting her attention, "you definitely seem a lot happier with Red."

Leaf giggled not denying it one bit, "I really am; he's been so amazing since day 1 and ever since we got together it's gotten even better."

"I'm so happy to hear that," said Isaac.

"So, I know you two don't have much opportunity to leave camp but have you two actually been able to go on a date?" Asked Rebecca.

"Yeah, the weekend after we got together he took me bowling and we ate dinner at a nice little restaurant in town. I can honestly say that was one of the best days of my life."

Leaf smiled as she relived that memory. But she decided to leave out the part where she and Red stayed at the hotel together, she didn't want her parents to get the wrong idea.

"That sounds like a wonderful time," Rebecca said happily, "It reminds me of the first time, your dad and I went on a date."

"Oh, how could I forget. We spent the entire day, exploring and shopping around every store we could find. I was so close to passing out by the time we were done with everything," Isaac said remembering that first date.

Leaf giggled, it was interesting hearing about how her parents got together. It was clear to her that her parents knew they were meant for each other pretty early on, it made her think of her and Red. It was far too soon to tell for sure but Leaf liked the idea of her and Red being soulmates. Leaf smiled warmly as she imagined such.