Good Times, Bad Times

It was another perfect day, the late-morning sun was shining brightly on Red as he sat on the dock on lifeguard duty. There was a light breeze blowing that engulfed his entire body leaving him sitting in the perfect temperature. About 15 feet from the dock, some young boys were horsing around and one of them started dunking the other's head under the water. It was a deeper area so that was a no-no. Red blew the whistle, "Hey, no dunking out there," he said firmly. The boys nodded and moved closer to shore. If he wasn't on lifeguard duty he could've easily gotten lost in the nature around him and fallen asleep.

It had been a little over a week since the wedding, everyone had gone back to their respective regions and Ash and Serena were on their honeymoon in the Alola region (original I know). Red felt the best he had ever felt, Leaf had finally become his girlfriend and things were better than he ever could've imagined. He did admit he was worried things might get awkward between them considering the big change in their relationship but if anything their relationship had gotten even better because of it. Speaking of Leaf, it was about time for him to clock out and for Leaf to start her shift.

It was then that Leaf snuck up behind Red and placed her hands over his eyes. "Guess who," she said playfully.

"Champion Cynthia?" Red asked jokingly.

"Haha, so clever," Leaf replied.

Red chuckled as Leaf let her hands down and draped her arms over his shoulders and rested her chin on his shoulder. Leaf was already wearing her swimsuit so Red could feel her bare skin and her chest pressed up against his back. Red was trying really hard not to let unsavory thoughts get into his head. "How's everyone doing out there so far? Any big trouble?" asked Leaf.

"Not really, just a few rule-breakers here and there. Did you enjoy sleeping in?" Red asked.

"Of course, I slept like a log."

Leaf turned and began kissing him on the cheek. Red smiled and enjoyed his girlfriend's affections. However, their moment was quickly interrupted by Hilbert's whistle indicating it was the end of the shift.

"Looks like it's my turn," Leaf said.

"I guess so. See you in a few hours?"

"Yeah."

This time Red took the initiative and pulled her into a loving kiss, but instead of a simple kiss goodbye, they just stood there kissing almost getting lost in the moment. This moment took some direct intervention from Hilbert. "Alright lovebirds, it's time to get back to it," said Hilbert causing them to break apart, "You ready Leaf?"

"Ready as always," she replied as she let go of Red. As she walked to the lifeguard area, she turned and smiled sweetly at Red, Red smiled back as he watched her go.

He took in a breath of fresh air before he turned and went back to the cabins. When he came to the entrance he found the door open with Ethan lying in his bed eating a bag of chips. Down below him were a couple of other bags of chips in line to be eaten. It appears Ethan hadn't curbed his junk food cravings as he thought. "If you were a hundred pounds heavier, this would look pathetic," Red joked.

Ethan turned surprised not having heard him walk up. "Hey, it's been a while since I've indulged. I need my fix."

"Weren't you and Lyra the ones cleaning out that tub of ice cream the other day?"

"Well she was hungry and I can't say no ice cream."

Ethan drifted off for a moment as he remembered that night, specifically making out with Lyra and eating ice cream out of her mouth. Ethan came back to reality moments later, "Whatever, how's it going with Leaf?" Asked Ethan.