Rite of Passage

For most of the people at Professor Oak's camp, it was a day like any other, the only thing different was the knowledge that the end of their time at camp was upon them. However, there was an air of excitement amongst the CITs of Professor Oak's summer camp. That was because it was the day they sat out for their overnight stay in the mountains. Why is this so special? Because this overnight was going to be what officially made them counselors and it was going to be complete with them signing their names on the Ho-Oh statue at the top.

Ethan was particularly excited for the outing, he was really looking forward to sitting around the fire eating smores, talking with the other CITs, becoming an official counselor, and most importantly cuddling with Lyra. Lyra had also been hinting lately that she was ready to go at it with him again; apparently, she now had a source of birth control to prevent another pregnancy scare so he was in anticipation. But he was also a little worried after the whole incident.

Ethan and Red had already finished packing up for the trip, with all their traveling and camping experience this was a very easy process. Everything they needed fit into their backpacks. "Welp I'm ready. I'm gonna camp the crap out of that mountain," said Ethan.

"Eh, sure thing," said Red, "The only problem now is we have to wait on everyone else to get ready."

As he says that, the pair sees a couple of CITs struggling to fit all their things into their bags. "It's a good thing we're on a schedule or else we'd be here all day," said Ethan.

Yellow suddenly came running up to them, "Hey guys! Are you excited?!" she said excitedly.

"Better believe it," said Red.

"You all ready to go?" asked Ethan.

Yellow nodded, "All good," she said as Chuchu jumped off her shoulder. Pika ran up to Chuchu and began nuzzling her affectionately.

"How's the egg doing Ethan?" asked Yellow.

"Still doing great, Any day now the Pikachus will have a little one of their own," Ethan replied.

"That's great! I can't wait to see the little Pichu," said Yellow.

"It's gonna be a great moment," Red said looking happily at the Pikachu pair.

xxxxx

"Ugh, I'm already mentally drained," Rosa said laying her head on Nate's shoulder.

"Don't go pooping out on us already, just remember we've got a date to look forward to after we drop off the CITs," said Nate.

"Double date," Hilda corrected.

The Unova friends were sitting by the bus waiting for Professor Oak and the CITs to arrive. Hilda was already going a little stir-crazy,  "Geez can we get this going? I wanna get out of here already," she complained.

"We'll have our time soon enough," Hilbert said wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"Not soon enough," Hilda muttered.

"Someone's impatient," said Nate.

"I don't blame her, I'm excited to go out on a date again," Rosa said hugging his arm.

Just then, Professor Oak showed up with Blue, Jack, and Mira in tow. "Hello guys, I really appreciate you guys driving the CITs on your day off," he said.

"It's no problem, it'll be nice to relax and have fun after the chaos of last week," said Hilbert.

The prank war continued on for a while after the water pokemon prank. It all came to a head when the two camps pranked each other with some extra destructive pranks. Both sides realized this was turning into a case of mutually assured destruction and decided to call a truce. Blue had no intention of letting up even if the others weren't involved so Professor Oak threatened to suspend his pay if he caused any more trouble.