Nightlife

It was now nighttime, 8:00 to be exact, and for Red, it had been quite an interesting first day. But, the day wasn't over yet; now it was party time for the more mature people of the camp and lots of people were jamming out, dancing, eating, and drinking especially to celebrate the beginning of camp. Red saw several people who were already stumbling everywhere they went from the sheer amounts of alcohol and was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the loud, obnoxious crowd. It took a girl drunkenly trying to flirt with him to finally make him separate himself from the crowds.

Leaf wasn't faring much better, several of the girls she tried to talk to were already too drunk to be reasoned with and the sober ones were busy with their conversations or acted really snobby towards her. The only sane people she knew around were Hilda and Hilbert but they were Arceus knows where same with Nate and Rosa. Professor Oak was probably doing some important work knowing him, not like he was somebody she could talk with anyway. Then her thoughts drifted to Red, she had only met him earlier today but he was such a kind person and he didn't seem like the kind of guy to take part in these kinds of festivities. She snapped out of her thoughts for a moment and saw a couple of guys staring lustfully at her, she got uncomfortable really quick and disappeared out of sight.

Leaf breathed a sigh of relief as she got away from the crowd and briefly rested on the steps of one of the cabins, the near silence was wonderful. She looked in the distance closer to the lake and saw another fire with a large blob that she could only assume was a pokemon next to it. She walked over out of curiosity and saw Red lying against a sleeping Snorlax with Pika and an Espeon playing nearby. "You sure look comfy," she said as she walked up next to Snorlax. Red looked up at her a little startled, "O-Oh hey Leaf what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing really, do you mind if I sit with you?"

Red blushed a little nervous at the prospect of sitting close to a girl he was crushing on, "Y-y-yeah go ahead, Snorlax makes for a comfy pillow," he said.

Leaf smiled and plopped herself down next to Red, leaning up against Snorlax. "You were right about Snorlax being comfy," she said causing Red to chuckle a little bit. 

"It's beautiful out tonight, isn't it?" asked Leaf.

"Yeah, it's perfect. Being out in the open like this has always been one of my favorite parts about traveling. It sure beats any drunken party."

"I second that," Leaf laughed.

The two of them sat in silence after that just staring at the cosmos above. Red began stealing glances at Leaf, trying to take in her features. The more he did so the more he found himself enamored with her. He liked everything about her from her long brown hair to her chocolate brown eyes to her beautiful smile, she really was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. "Hey Red?" Leaf asked snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?" Red asked blushing.

"You said this is one of your favorite parts about traveling, so what do you do when you travel?"

Red wasn't sure how to answer; you see Red was no ordinary trainer, in actuality, he was the Indigo League Champion. But that wasn't something he wanted people to know, at least not yet, he didn't want to be swarmed and pestered like some type of celebrity.

"Well I'm a trainer above all else, so I mostly train, catch new pokemon, all that stuff," he said.

"Do you compete in the pokemon league or anything like that?" Leaf asked.

Red started to get more nervous, "Yeah I've done it a couple of times. But enough about me, are you from around here?"

"Not quite, I'm from the Sevii Islands," Leaf replied.