14| Plan

Chapter 14: Plan (Caden's POV)

I came back home from school, dropping myself and my bag on the couch beside Axel. Normally, I pick him up. Other times, my mother does. Today, she had to because the school called in saying he was sick. 

"What happened, big guy?" I asked, ruffling his hair. 

"He has a fever and he threw up a little while after coming home. He shared some food with his friends, it must have upset his stomach," my mother said, walking in with a thermometer. "Problem is, he won't tell me who this friend is," she huffed, shoving the thermometer in his mouth. 

He glanced at me. 

"It's come down just a bit. The medicine is kicking in, good," my mother said, taking the thermometer out when she finished and going to rinse it. 

"Was this friend of yours perhaps... Clarissa?" I teased. 

He let out a fake cry, lying down and kicking my arm. 

"It wasn't her food, don't worry," I chuckled, taking his shoes off for him. "It might have been the Chinese we ordered while mom and dad were out," I said. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it over him, pulling his legs into my lap. "You feel like watching a movie?" 

"Toy Story," he said with a slightly stuffy nose. It's his comfort movie. 

"Your feet are a little cold, Axel," I said, rubbing them quickly to heat them up. 

Fifteen minutes into the movie, I asked him. "How do you impress a fairy, Axel?" When he didn't answer, I looked over and saw him fast asleep. I chuckled, turning the TV off and picking him up as cautiously as possible. I settled him in his room and then came back down to get something to eat.

I can't even ask Roman for help with Venus. He already denied it when I asked him earlier this week, saying he wants nothing to do with the destruction Venus and I are about to cause each other. 

The only other person I could ask was Axel, who surprisingly, is so invested in the whole fairy thing, which is why I was asking him earlier how to impress a fairy. His answer had to have helped a little if not a ton. 

I need a plan. I'm going off on a limb here, planning to convince her. But convince her how? I sat at my desk, spinning in the chair slowly while thinking. I don't know her likes and dislikes that well. 

Who does? 

Remy. Remy, Remy, Remy. 

I grabbed the landline on my nightstand and the phone book on my desk. I opened it, looking for her dad's name which would have the number to their house phone. I scanned the name, finally locating Logan Cabot. I dialed the number and held it to my ear as it rang. 

"Hello? This is Kat speaking, how can I help you?" 

"Um, is Remy home? I'm a friend of hers, I would like to speak with her." 

"One moment, sir." 

Minutes later, Remy's voice came through. "Hello?" she sang. "Who is this?" 

"This is Caden." 

Silence. 

"Goodbye." 

"Wait, wait, wait! Remy, wait!" 

"What?" she huffed. "Vee won't like me talking to you." 

"Vee won't care," I retorted. 

"Fair enough, at least I tried getting out of it. Tell me, what is it?" 

"Can I ask you a few things? About Venus?"