31| Crowd

Chapter 31: Crowd (Venus's POV)

It was now the next day. I was getting ready for the game tonight with Remy, actually. The school day was normal. We snuck into the library at lunch and that was that. The new normal of my life. Sneaking around to meet Caden Locke.

I told Remy everything today. Only because she finally told me that she and Roman had been dating. I kind of guessed because she did tell me that they've been hanging out and a lot of the times when I would call or text her, she would be with him. So I guessed it.

She also knew something was up with Caden and me since we would both disappear at lunch. I'm surprised other people in our school aren't speculating but there is no way I'm complaining.

"Are you going to the game tonight because he asked you?" she asked while brushing her hair.

I pulled my shoes on, sitting on the bed. "I'm going to the game because he's playing. It seems like it's important for him," I said while tying my laces.

"He said something to Roman a few days ago."

"What?" I asked.

"Roman was also telling me about the game. He was saying that Caden's dad told him that if he doesn't want to study anything then he has to take soccer seriously until he gets invested in royalty. Something like that, I don't know," she shrugged.

I fell into thought. It does sound like something his dad would say. But I also know for a fact that his dad has no idea that Caden has no interest in ever getting invested in royalty.

"I don't know, maybe," I replied. I haven't told Remy about Caden leaving royalty and his family. It's not my place to tell her that. "Ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah," she put the brush down. "Are we walking?"

"Nope, my dad is driving."

"He's letting you go?" she asked, her eyes a little wide.

"He doesn't know who I'm going for, now does he?" I lifted a brow at her sharply.

"Fair enough. Let's go," she chuckled.

"Wait a second, I'll bring my dad," I said when we reached downstairs. I went to his study and knocked on the door. I stuck my head in and found him reading through and signing some papers. "Dad, we wanted to leave now. Could you please drive us?" I asked.

"Sure thing, let's go," he said, signing the last page and then walking to me, grabbing his car keys.

"Was that a contract?" I asked.

"For Prince Alexander in Azura, yes," he nodded, opening the door and letting me go first. We all climbed into the car and then he started driving. "You don't normally go for the games, what happened this time?" my dad asked, glancing at me.

I opened my mouth to answer but Remy beat me to it. "Actually, Mr. Princeton, I finally found myself a boyfriend and he's playing tonight," she said nonchalantly.

"Oh, congratulations," my dad laughed, turning to look at her briefly. "And who is the lucky boy?"

Remy and I looked at each other. "Roman Humphries," she answered a little hesitantly.

"Isn't he a friend of Caden's?" He looked at me in confusion.

"He is but I don't even speak to Roman. Just Remy. I'm just going for moral support, I guess," I shrugged out a lie.

"Hmm," he mumbled. Clearly, he's a little suspicious but I don't think he's thinking anything of it. He stopped at the school and turned to me. "Be careful," he said.