39| Brutal

Chapter 39: Brutal (Venus's POV)

I was sitting in my room at the foot of my bed, waiting for either Caden or my dad to come in here and tell me what is happening. I was extremely tired from crying and I kind of just wanted to sleep. But I didn't want to be asleep when Caden and my dad finished their conversation, I want to know what happened. 

Maybe I can just rest my eyes. Only for ten minutes or so. 

"Let her sleep!" I heard someone whisper-yell. "She cried all day because of you." 

"Because of me?!" 

Is that my dad? 

"You're the one who wouldn't let me see her." 

Caden. 

"Sir," he chuckled. 

I squinted, rubbing my eyes open and slowly sitting up. I leaned against the headboard, seeing my dad standing at the foot of my bed with Caden at the door. "What?" I asked while flipping my head over and gathering my hair in a bun, securing it with a hair tie. "What happened?" I asked. 

My dad and Caden looked at each other, neither of them answering me. "Caden won't be seeing you again," my dad said, turning his gaze to me. 

I blinked, looking at him. I can't tell if he's serious or joking. 

"I can't come see you," Caden shook his head, walking over and standing beside my side of the bed. 

I looked between him and my dad. "Are you joking?" I asked. 

"Is this something to joke about, Venus?" my dad asked, lifting a brow at me. 

"Are you serious?" I looked at Caden, blinking quickly, my eyes already stinging with fresh tears. 

"You can explain it all to her," my dad said, nodding at Caden and then leaving, closing the door behind him as Caden sat down in front of me. 

"Are you really leaving?" I sniffled. 

"No, no, no, no, no," he laughed, leaning forward and grabbed my arms, pulling me closer to him. "I was just joking." He pulled me into a hug, laughing softly. 

"You're such a dick! Why would you joke about that?!" I pulled away, giving him a hard shove. 

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," he said quickly, pulling me even closer. 

"Go screw yourself," I mumbled, putting my arms around his torso. 

"But there is a slight problem," he said while kissing the top of my head. I tilted my head up to look at him. "Your dad wants me to try talking to my father about us before I just leave. And until I do that, I'm... not allowed to see you." 

I frowned, hating the thought of that. 

"I'll still sneak in, of course. And I bargained for tonight." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean," he sighed, pausing to kiss my cheek. "I still get to stay here tonight. And wake up to you tomorrow morning." 

"Really?" I grinned. 

He nodded. "Are you hungry?" he asked. He's questioned me about my food three times already. "Did you eat when I told you to?" 

"No," I mumbled, sheepishly shaking my head. 

"Do you want me to bring your dinner up for you?" 

"What about you? Have you eaten?" 

He shook his head, "I'm not hungry." 

"Neither am I," I retorted.