20| Eyes

Chapter 20: Eyes (Caden's POV)

It was Monday morning today. We're at school today. And I'm late today. 

Last night, I showed up at Venus's house uninvited and tried to make her let me in. Even though her family was home. I just don't understand why her parents would come into her room in the middle of the night if they didn't hear anything weird and abnormal. We would just have to be quiet, that could have been done so easily. But she was too scared and sent me back home. 

So today, I'm planning to let her do some of the groveling. She's going to be the one calling me over or trying to seek me out, not the other way round. Basically, I'm acting mad. 

I walked into Math class five minutes late and as I opened the door, everybody looked at me. 

"You're late, Prince Caden." 

"I know, sorry," I mumbled, scanning the room for a seat. The only seat available was the one behind Venus. It used to be my seat but then I started sitting beside her. I guess the guy saw I wasn't there and took his seat back. I sent him a glare and then took the seat behind her. 

"Continue with your work, please," Mrs. Sebastian said to the class. 

I looked up to the board where the page number and questions were written. I went and grabbed a textbook and then started working silently. I looked up and saw Venus. 

She looked pretty today. She had her hair in a sleek, high ponytail and was wearing white trousers with a black top. 

She isn't even wearing anything fancy, why is she looking extra pretty? 

"Prince Caden." 

Seriously, what is different today? 

"Prince Caden." 

She spun around, looking straight at me. I snapped out of my daze and realized not just her, everyone was looking at me. 

"Prince Caden!" 

"Yes?" I cleared my throat. 

"Solve the question on the board, please." 

"Sorry, which question?" I understand Math, I'm good at it. I can solve the question without knowing what was taught.

"Question fifteen." 

I took the textbook with me and copied out the question and then grabbed the marker. I stared at the question for a minute, my mind going blank. 

Why is she looking so pretty? 

"Prince Caden, solve it today please," Mrs. Sebastian huffed. 

"I am, Jesus," I mumbled. I focused on the question, writing out the answer and the steps quickly. "There, question fifteen." I put the marker down on the teacher's desk and sat in my seat with a huff. 

"Looks like you're having a bad day. What's wrong with you?" I looked to my left, listening to Roman. 

"I'm losing my mind," I mumbled, staring at the rest of the questions on the page. 

"Ms. Princeton. Solve question sixteen." 

She stood up and walked to the front. The board was already full of other people's answers, so she grabbed the duster and started erasing. And then she couldn't reach the top of the board. She huffed, putting the duster down, and used whatever space she had. She did her working and then put the marker down. She turned to walk back to her seat and her eyes clicked with mine. 

When I looked at her from the front, I realized what was different about her. 

She got her hair done.