21| Cage

Chapter 21: Cage (Venus's POV)

I stumbled, my back hitting the bookshelf as he pushed me, his hands on my waist, his body against mine, and his lips on mine. His hands slipped under my shirt and rested at my waist, the contact of our skin sending jolts through my body. 

"Caden," I mumbled against his lips.

"Hmm?" he hummed against mine. 

"We're at school," I said, slowly pushing him away. 

"So?" He lifted a brow at me. 

"So let's not cross a line." 

"And what line are we crossing just by kissing?" He stepped closer, putting his arms up and caging me between him and the bookshelf. 

I stared at him, my mind going back to the problem at hand. My freaking grandparents. 

The problem with them visiting is, first of all, the guest room that they always demand they stay in, is upstairs on our floor. The floor where mine and Classira's room is. Second of all, my grandmother doesn't sleep very early and she has very sharp ears. Not to mention, she wanders into my room to chit-chat in the middle of the night all the time because she doesn't sleep early, and neither do I. Most of the time. I tried changing that after their last visit, but it's hard to change your body's sleeping pattern. 

"Venus." 

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him. 

"Stop thinking about your grandparents. We'll figure it out. It can't be that hard," he shrugged. 

"It can be extremely hard," I groaned, tilting my head back and looking up at him. 

"Do you trust me?" 

"You always ask me this," I chuckled. 

"Do you?" 

I nodded in response. 

"Then believe me when I tell you I'll find a solution." His flickered down to my lips. "And for the love of God, let me kiss you. It's the deal we made." He leaned in but I started talking. 

"We made a deal to sleep together, actually. There wasn't really any mention of kissing." 

"There wasn't any mention of it, but I'm not stupid. How can we sleep together if we've never even kissed? And how can we move forward if we don't kiss? Look, it's simple," he cleared his throat and I bit back a laugh. "The more we kiss, the more comfortable we'll get with each other, and the faster it will happen, the faster it will happen, the sooner we can sleep together. The sooner the attraction can be taken out of our systems and the sooner we can go back to the way things were between us, right?" 

"Right," I nodded. 

"And that means we should kiss as much as possible," he said. "And that means you should let me kiss you right now." 

"Can we sit down?" 

He pulled away from me and sat on the ground, his legs straight out in front of him. 

"I meant at a table," I laughed. 

He shrugged, grabbing my hand and pulling me down. I sat down beside him, my body mirroring his. "How is this more comfortable than standing?" 

"My legs won't give out," I shrugged. 

"I don't think that's from standing. From the kiss, maybe," he smirked. 

I rolled my eyes, letting out a small laugh. 

He shifted so he was sitting in front of me. He crossed his legs and then grabbed my ankles.