23| Golf

Chapter 23: Golf (Venus's POV)

At lunch today, Caden sent Roman with another note, asking to meet me in the library. So here we are again, making out on the floor. 

"Caden," I said, pulling away from him. 

"Yes?" he replied. 

"Do you think it's a smart decision to be risking your ass every single night to come see me? Every single day, actually since meeting during lunch in the library is becoming a habit now too," I said, looking down at him. I was sitting in his lap but sideways so I was still facing him and kissing was still easy to do. 

"I don't think it's necessarily a smart decision but it is a fun decision," he shrugged. 

"Shouldn't you be taking this a little more seriously? You do realize how much would go wrong if we got caught, right?" 

"Venus," he sighed, adjusting his grip around my waist. "Don't you think you're being a little too pessimistic about this situation? There's so much good to it." 

"Like?" I raised my brows at him. 

"Like kissing," he answered bluntly. 

"I went eighteen years without kissing a boy, you don't think I could go more?" I lifted a brow at him sharply. 

"Of course, you could. But you've kissed me, you think you can go without continuing it?" he smirked. 

"Of course. Need I remind you that you enjoy this... whatever this is, way more than I do." 

Whatever this is. Because it is certainly not a relationship. It is not a relationship, it never will be and it never can be. 

"No, actually. I don't think I enjoy it more than you do. I think I just express it more than you do. That does not mean that you don't enjoy it as much as I do," he explained. "Will you come over today?" he asked, briefly kissing my shoulder. 

"How?" I questioned. 

"Axel is out with my mom shopping. She's taking him and some of his friends to the mall for a movie uptown. And then my dad is out for the day for golf with his friends." 

"Your dad plays golf? That's the most rich-person sport I know," I chuckled. 

"Your dad plays golf too, for the record." 

"I know that," I smiled. 

"I can drive you," he offered. "If you tell your family an excuse." 

"You mean if I lie to my family?" 

He nodded cheekily. 

"My mom is out with her friends, my dad is at work and my grandparents are picking up Clarissa. I'll say I stayed behind for dance," I said, my eyes falling to his lips. "They don't know that we don't actually do anything in that class." 

"Perfect," he smirked, tilting my chin up so my eyes met his. 

"Perfect," I said mockingly. 

He leaned up, pecking my lips. 

"Hmm," I mumbled while pulling away. "Lunch ends in fifteen minutes, I should go." I began gathering my stuff but he held me down. 

"You know, I think I like..." 

I stared at him, waiting to hear him out. I hope he doesn't say what I think he might. 

I hope he doesn't say he likes me. 

"I think I like your kisses way more than I planned to." 

I chuckled, letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.