16| Twenty

Chapter 16: Twenty (Caden's POV)

She huffed in frustration. I bet she wishes she would have just stabbed me when she had the chance. 

"You see, I've known you since we could walk. And I've always been told to stay away from you or to make your life as miserable as I possibly can. But the problem is... I can't stay away from you. And I don't want to hurt you too badly," I explained. 

"And why is that?" she asked. 

"Because I am incredibly attracted to you, I thought we established this." 

She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. "We have but..." she groaned. "Let me go, I have to get back." 

"I don't quite want to yet," I sighed, leaning in closer. My heart was pounding in my chest now even though clearly, she didn't know what to do. I've never been this close to her before. I won't lie, I have wondered what it would be like. Now I know. 

"And why is that?" 

I pulled one hand down before letting her wrists go. She pulled them down, letting them rest on the wall trapped again as I put my arms up, caging her in. I tucked her hair behind her ear and leaned in. "Why would I let you go when there's so much I could do to you?" 

"Shove it, Caden," she huffed, pushing at my chest and walking away. 

I grabbed her arm and pulled her back once again with an agitated huff. It's getting annoying now. 

"What?" she groaned as I trapped her against the wall again. She pushed at my chest. "What?" she pushed herself off the wall, her back arching as she got closer. Intentional or unintentionally, I'm not quite sure. "I don't have time for this," she mumbled. 

My fingers delicately went around her throat and I pinned her back to the wall. Before she could even blink or think of what to say, my lips crashed on her. Probing, demanding, clearly angry, and frustrated. The kiss sent the message. That's exactly how I felt. 

She threw me off. "What is wrong with you?!" she whisper-yelled. "Don't you know what would happen if someone saw that?" 

"What?" I leaned against the wall opposite her while tracing my bottom lip with my thumb. I could still feel the kiss on my lips if that makes sense. "Someone would go tell your family and then mine. What else?" 

"Our families will kill us." 

"And if they don't? Then would you let me?" 

She rolled her eyes, "Quit dreaming, Caden." 

I bounced off the wall and grabbed her waist, nailing her to the wall before she could move. "I can't. That's the problem. I can't quit dreaming about you. I think about you twenty-four/seven, Venus. And I hate you for it. But hating you doesn't mean I can't want you," I said, shooting her a pointed look. 

She stared at me, trying to mask how she was really feeling, which she did a miserable job at hiding. Her eyes gave it all away. She thinks about me just as much as I think about her. 

"But fine," I sighed in defeat, pulling back. "I'll let you go. But just so you know, I wouldn't if you didn't want me to." I pointed a finger at her. "Tell me though. Do you ever think about me?" 

"I think about killing you," she replied. 

I chuckled, "Other than that, darling." 

She didn't answer me, instead, she looked to the end of the hall, making sure no one was there. She pushed herself off the wall and headed out.