𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1: Diagon Alley

Willow had been counting down the days till she could once go to Hogwarts like the rest of her family, and there was only one more week left. She was looking through her wardrobe looking for the perfect outfit. Her family was going to Diagon Alley for school supplies.

"Willow!," Willow's mother, Martha, yelled in her thick British accent from the bottom of the grand staircase. Martha Blackfield was a very kind, but stern woman. She was a Ravenclaw alumni, and according to her father, her mother was never out of line in school. It's still the same to this day.

"Yeah Willow! Get your-" Her eldest brother yelled, but was cut off by her mother's screeching voice.

"Aaron Hebert Blackfield! You shall not use foul language in this house you hear me?!" His mother said harshly as she had him by his ear. Aaron nodded very frighteningly.

Aaron was a sixth year Ravenclaw who excelled in Charms. Willow's mother always joked that he would become a professional dueller.

Willow giggled in her light pink room. Looking in her mirror she saw her long blonde hair that fell perfectly on the sides of her face. Her flowery, lavender dress flowing to her knees and white flats. She took one more glance at the mirror then went downstairs. The rest of her family was down there, which included, her two other brother, Mason and Lewis.

Mason was a second year, while Lewis was a fourth year Ravenclaw. She took graceful steps down the stairs, but still clumsily tripped on the last step. The family walked over to the fireplace to travel by floo powder. After everyone else went through, it was finally Willow's turn. She grabbed the greenish powder, and said it as clear as she could.
"Diagon Alley!"

When Willow got there she looked through the crowd, but could not spot her family anywhere. She squinted as she kept trying to find at least someone familiar, but it was just witches and wizards she didn't know. She thought they probably went to the wizard bank, Gringotts, to get money, so she decided to just wait for them in Flourish and Blotts. She walked through the door, which was definitely not graceful, and tripped over the threshold. She was about to trip into a bookcase but when she fell, she went straight into a person.

"Ow!" Willow whined as she fell hard onto the ground. She brought her hand up to her head, and she heard a voice and saw a hand in front of her face.

"Oh my goodness are you okay?" A girl said trying to help Willow up. Willow took the girl's hand as she helped her up off the hard, cold bookstore ground.

"Yeah, I think I am." she said taking in the appearance of the girl in front of her, she had a blonde braid along the right side of her face and hazel eyes. She was wearing a white shirt with a elegant black skirt, she was definitely a pureblood.
"I'm Willow."

"Well it's nice to meet you, Willow, I am Aurora." She says taking Willow's hand, Aurora spoke again once they let go of each other's hand
"Do you go to Hogwarts?" She asked picking up the books that fell out of her arms.

"Yes, it's going to be my first year!" Willow excitedly exclaims because she thinks she may have a new friend, and she hasn't even gotten on the train yet!
"Great, me too" Aurora smiled at Willow as she took in Willow's appearance.

"Do you know where the first year books are?" Willow asked, she decided she can look while her family comes back for the bank.

"Of course, follow me." Willow followed Aurora through the store taking the first year books off the shelf, and placing them into Willow's hands. As Aurora was picking out Willow's books the bell to the bookstore rang, and a family of redheads walked in.
"Weasley's." Aurora commented before she turned back to the bookshelf running her fingers along the dusted covers.

Willow focused on the Weasley's. Arthur Weasley was good friends with her father, and they worked together. She used to hangout with them a lot when they were younger, and was good friends with Ginny Weasley. She remembered always being the target of Fred and George's pranks, which always was funny but enraged her when she had sand in her hair for weeks. Willow turned back to face Aurora, trying not to be noticed by them, but it was already too late.

"Oi Fred, is that little Willow?" One of the Weasley's whispered as they stared over at the two girls.

"George, I think it is and she's with her friend."
Willow turned her head to look at the redheaded twins who were now standing right beside the girls. She noticed Aurora still diverting eye contact from the two.

"Well, hello Fred and George, how are you doing on this very fine day?" Willow said looking up at them. The two had short red hair, and had grown a lot taller than they were since Willow last saw them.

"Wonderful, and who might this be?" Fred asked looking past Willow. Willow turned around to look at Aurora who had just realised they were talking about her, she looked at Fred and George, smiled, and said "Aurora."

"Yeah, this is Aurora, we met when I tripped on my way in." Willow chuckled awkwardly, which made the twins burst into a fit of laughter.

"Well Willow, that's not a very good way to make friends is it?" George's laughter halts when he finishes saying this sentence. Willow looked past the door, and still couldn't see her family.

"Have you guys seen my family?" Willow asked the two, and they nodded.
"Yes they are on there way with an owl." Fred told her which made Willow raise her eyebrow in confusion. Why did they get a new owl?

"Fred!" George reprimanded his brother. "You just ruined the surprise!" George slapped him in the arm. Willow looked out the door and saw her family enter.

"Willow? Can you come over here, darling?" She heard her mother call to her from the front of the the store. Willow looked back at Aurora who was looking at her now.

"Thank you for all your help Aurora, well I guess I see you at Hogwarts, goodbye." Willow said, as she walked over the her family and the rest Weasley's. She looked and saw a beautiful snow owl.

"Wow, is that for me mum?" Willow's eyes grew big with excitement, and she got even more happy when her mother said,
"Why of course Willow, you're going to need something to get your letters with."

"Have you got all your books?" her father said looking at her pile of books she had in her hands.
"Not all of them, father."

"Well I will go and buy them. You and your mother can go buy your wand" He told her. "Great." Willow said as she exited the store with her mother.

***

Willow ended up getting a Wand made of Willow bark with unicorn hair that was 12 inches in length. She loved it because it was the same tree as what she named after. The last week had flown by and it was finally the day she got to go to Hogwarts. She was excited to make new friends and to see Aurora. Willow put the last of her stuff in her trunk and then went downstairs for breakfast, which consisted of eggs and toast.

"I can't believe our last child is going to Hogwarts!" Willow's mother cried with tears streaming down her face.

"Our little girl is all grown up." Her father smiled as he went to hug his wife who was now sobbing into a handkerchief.

After breakfast they made their way to King Cross Station to platform 9 3/4. She caught sight of the Weasley's and her family, she went over to them. There was a brown headed boy waiting with them, but then they all went through the wall before she could question who he was.

  It was now Willow's turn and she ran through the the wall and saw a bright red train that said 'Hogwarts Express'. Willow put her trunks with the others and kissed her mother and father goodbye. She made her way into the train to look for Aurora. She found her and sat down beside her.

"I am so exited, are you Willow?!" Aurora ecstatically exclaimed.

"Yes, so much!" Willow watched as the train pulled away from the station.