𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18: Snakes Can Talk?

News had traveled around that a dueling club was starting. And the first meeting so happened to be this afternoon. Willow pushed open the door to the great hall and searched for Charlotte . She found her standing with Theo and Blaise. Willow weaved through the crowd until she came upon them.

"Hi guys!" Will announced as she approached them. They were gathered towards the front of the room. Blaise and Theo were deep in conversation, Willow felt a little bad about breaking up the talk.

  "Hey, wills." Charlotte said. Theo looked up at Willow and blackly stared at her. "Uh..." He said looking at her transfixed. Charlotte elbowed him in the side then proceeded by saying "use your words Theo," Theo's face flushed a shade of pink. Blaise let out a chuckle then covered it as cough.

  "Umm.. ok, then." Willow turned away from them and towards the front of the room.

   "Look, there's Malfoy and Crabbie." Blaise pointed out a group of people in the crowd. "I wonder where Goyle is, they're normally inseparable." Charlotte said as they watched as the two came over to the group.

  Just as they finally made it there Lockhart appeared saying "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!" Most girls in Willow year thought that he was handsome and smart, but Willow thought nether of those things were true.

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions — for full details, see my published works."

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," Willow watched as Snape appeared.

"He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry — you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

"Hey Willow," Willow heard someone whisper her name, she turned around to see Pansy behind her. She wondered why she was late.

"Hey Pans." Willow whispered back then the two girls turned back to the professors.

"As you see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart told the silent crowd. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"My gosh, Lockhart is such and Idiot," Willow looked to Pansy who was now beside her with her arms crossed. Willow shook her head in agreement.

"One — two — three —"
Both the professors swung their wands above their heads and pointed them at each other.

"Expelliarmus!" Snape cried. A light came from his wand towards Lockhart. He flew backward off the stage, smashed into the wall, and slid down it to sprawl on the floor.
'ouch' Willow thought.

"Well, there you have it!" Lockhart said standing up and limping back to the platform. "That was a Disarming Charm — as you see, I've lost my wand — ah, thank you, Miss Brown — yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy — however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..."

Snape gave Lockhart a bold glared. If looks good kill he'd be dead! "Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me —"

Willow watched as the professors were pairing off students. Willow herself was with Pansy. Charlotte and Theo. Blaise and Crabbie. Draco was paired with Harry, neither looked happy about it. Finally the partners were all around to start. Willow pulled out her wand as Pansy did the same.