𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 19: Interesting

"Hermione why are you making potions in the bathroom?" Willow asked as they sat in the second floor girls lavatory. Out of all the place why would they make a potion in here.

"Because no one comes in here." Hermione  said as she started the potion. Little bubbles arose from the bottom of the caldron. The potions turned a yellowish green and then changed into a light brown.

"Why doesn't anyone come in here?" Willow asked. Her gaze lifted to Hermione's face. She gave a puzzled look at her.

"Because of moaning Mertal, it's funny, Harry and Ron asked me the same thing." Hermione said and kept stirring away. Willow's jaw dropped.

"Why was Harry and Ron here and who is moaning Mertal?" Willow asked glancing around the bathroom to see if someone else was in here. After a quickly glance her eyes settled back on the caldron. Willow gave a shrug.

"I'm moaning Mertal." A vocie rang through the lavatory. It made Willow jump, she glanced again and this time her eyes rested upon a figure of a girl. But she wasn't alive, she was a ghost! Suddenly the ghost floated to the window sill and sat to look out the window.

"How are you today, Mertal?" Hermione asked. She kept her eyes on the potions.

"I'm completely dreadful!" Mertal said. Then she let out an unholy cry and started sobbing. Willow's heart ached for the poor girl. She wanted to comfort the girl, but how do you comfort a ghost? But before she could do anything to help Hermione spoke up.

"I think it's finished," she lifted up the spoon and the brown liquid spilled over the side. "I just need to put it in you hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and then we'll wash it out." Willow then moved closer so Hermione could lather it in her hair.

After she finshed putting it in her hair, Hermione and Willow talked for a while and then they decide it was time to wash it out. Hermione lead her to the sink. Willow shook her head under the spout as the cool water rushed through her head. The black liquid ran down the drain. After Hermione said it was good. Willow lifted her head and started into the mirror, gone was her black hair. Her original blonde was back and dripping droplets of water everywhere.

"Let me fix that." Hermaine said then flicked her wand. Willow's hair became dry and she combed her fingers through it. Hermione started washing her hands in the sink to get out the black. When she was done she looked at Willow.

"Thanks 'mione" willow said then gave the girl a hug. Hermione started to tense up but after a couple of seconds relaxed. Willow let go and went over to her bag she had discarded on the floor. She then waved at Hermione then left the lavatory and made her way back to her dorm.

She turned down the corridor and found Charlotte pitched up in a window sill sketching in a notebook. Willow went over to her friend and climbed up facing her. Charlotte didn't look up. Willow waved her hand in Charlotte's face to get her attention. Charlotte's dark green eyes rose to meet hers.

"Oh hi Wills." Charlotte said then set the notebook down and faced her friend.

  "Hi Lottie, guess what." Willow said and she shuffled off her bag and it dropped to the floor. The bag landed with hard thump. Willow winced when she remembered that her wand was in her bag.

  "Your hair is  back to normal." Charlotte said, then pushed away a stray piece that fell into Willow's face. Willow smiled at her friend.

"Well that, and my mom said that you could come home with us for Christmas break!" Willow said as her smile grew even bigger and brighter, if it was humanly possible. Charlotte had explained to Willow that her parents were taking a holiday for their 23rd anniversary and that she couldn't go home this Christmas break. So Willow quickly wrote a letter to her mother and suggested Charlotte stayed with them. Unsurprisingly she said yes.

  "Really?" Charlotte asked raising her eyebrow at Willow. Which causesd Willow to laugh.

    "Yep!" Willow said then wrapped her arm around her friend. "Oh, this is going to be so fun, mum said she's gonna make her special hot chocolate cookies!" Charlotte rested her head on her friends head and thought if Willow knew the real reason she wasn't going home, then she'd think differently.

***

The train ride felt unusually long and tiresome. Willow rode in a compartment with Blaise, Theo and Charlotte. It was nearing sun down as Willow stared out at the rolling hills. They would be reaching London soon. The idea of seeing her family made a smile spread across her face. The rest of the group in the compartment had fallen asleep.

A knock on the compartment pulled Willow out of her trance. She tried to move but Charlotte was leaning against her. Willow shoved Charlotte. Charlotte stired then rested against Blaise. Somehow Theo got the whole other bench to himself and was spread out there. Willow got up and stretched out her tired muscles then made her way to the compartment door to slide it open.

There stood two people, one girl and one boy with the same curly, brown locks. Willow gave them a puzzled looked as she took in their appearance's. They had matching Ravenclaw robes on. The boy was taller then the girl but not by much. They looked to be first years.

"Can i help you?" Willow asked trying to give a pleasant smile. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Theo move an inch closer to the end on the seat.

"Can we sit with y'all, everywhere else is full?" The boy asked her. He had a different accent not quite British or Scottish maybe American?

Willlow glanced around the compartment looking for where they could sit then laid her eyes upon Theo.

"Theo!" She yelled. "We have comepany!" His eyes flashed opened as he went to get up but he fell from the seat and landed on the floor, letting out a groan. Then his eye shut and he fell back asleep."There you go." willow said, then gestured to the open seat. They then climbed over Theo's long limbs and sat on the bench.

"Is he ok?" the girl asked as she studied Theo.

"Oh he's fine." Willow said stepping over him and reaching her seat by the window. "I think at least, so who might you to be?"

"Well I'm Fawn and this is Jackson." The girl said. The boy elbowed the girl in the ribs then whispered something in her ear. Willow puzzled at them but hoped they weren't talking about her.

"Well I'm willow, it's a pleasure to meet you." Willow said with a bright smile.

"I have a question." Fawn asked.

Willow truned her attention to her. Willow looked her in the eyes. She thought to herself didn't the girl have brown eyes before? They looked to be a bright blue now. "Yes." she finally said.

"Why are you hanging out with Slytherin's when you're a Hufflepuff?" the girl said. Willow gave a questionable look.

"Because they're my friends of course." Willow said.

"Interesting, because I heard that Slytherin's are evil, I mean everone whose gone bad had been in that house." Willow's eyebrows rose. What exactly were  they accosting her of.

"Well that's certainly not true, I mean their not evil and also there were some who went bad that weren't in Slytherin..." Willow trailed off but quickly shut her mouth. She couldn't tell them. She couldn't trust anyone with her secret.

"Oh, and who might that be?" the boy turned,  an interesting smirk on his face.

"No one! You're right after all." willow said. Then stared out the window. She heard more whispering, then the compartment open and close. Well they were an interesting pair.