𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9: Baby first years

Willow's first year was slowly coming to an end. Rumors were going around about how Harry Potter had outsmarted Voldemort again. Hearing that news sent shivers down Willow's spine. Her father had been living in the castle walls, but not only that, on the back of her Professor's.

   Willow had passed all her exams, only barely passing potions. It was crazy how fast this year went, she pondered to herself while on her way to breakfast for the last time as a first year.

   Willow sat down at the hufflepuff table with the normal aroma of fresh foods. She started filling her plate with toast and fruit. She took a long sip of her pumpkin juice. She slowly processed all that had taken place this year. She thought of her new friends. She was excited to go home, but she would miss her friends awfully much.

Willow slowly scanned the great hall, taking great detail of her surroundings. She wanted to remember everything. She went from table to table, taking in the way the Slytherin table was laughing. Her attention was caught by the blonde girl that she cane to know as one of her best friend. The smile on Charlotte's face was very much visible. Charlotte gave a little wave to Willow. Willow gave a wave back.

  Next was the Ravenclaw table, Willow had not gotten to know anyone personally from that house but she planned to next year. Willow made a challenge for herself to make a friend in each house starting next year. Willow craved friendship and being around others. The thought of being lonely made her body cold to the core.

   Lastly, she casted her eyes upon the Gryffindor table. Willow scanned until she saw the familiar red haired twins, and right next to them was Aurora with her hair braided to the side of her face. Her face was red from laughing so hard about something Willow could only assume Fred and George said. Willow brought her eyes back to her breakfast.

  The Hufflepuff table was filled with caring people who would doing anything for their friends. Willow was really proud to call herself a Hufflepuff. Cedric was right! Willow let the smile speared across her face. She scanned everyone's face around her.

  Susan and her kind eyes, Hannah and her skill for herbollgy. Cedric and his attempt to protect first years. She cared for her friends and wished nothing would happen and that every new school year they'd all sit here beside her. She wished that very much.

   All to soon breakfast came to an end, Willow stood up with her friends. It was official, this was the last time she would see them for three months. A tear threatened to escape. Willow said her goodbyes to Susan and Hannah as they made there way from the table. Cedric pulled her into a hug.

  "You promise not to get in any trouble without me?" Cedric let out a little chuckle.

  "I promise." Willow's voice was thick with emotion, Cedric had become like her big brother. They pulled away from each other and Cedric grabbed his backpack as he ruffled the top of Willow's head. Willow looked up to him with a wide grin. She was really was going to miss him during holiday.

  "Bye Willow!"

  "Bye Ced!"

   Cedric made his way from her and headed to the entrance of the hall. Willow grabbed her bag and made her way to the other side of the great hall where she saw Aurora and Charlotte were waiting for her. She made a bee-line towards them pulling them into a big hug.

   "Can you believe it, we finished our first year!" Willow chimed as she looped her arms though the other two and pulled them out of the great hall. They made their way following the herd of people heading towards the train station.

  "We are going to be 2nd years!" Aurora cheered.

  "We won't be the baby first years anymore!" Charlotte said.

  The group had light conversation about what they wanted to do over the summer. Charlotte freed her arms from Willow and grabbed the two girl's hands and pulled them through the crowd. Even though Willow loved being around people, she hated being inclosed by them, as she was rather short compared to the 5th and 6th years that were in-front of them.

  They finally made it passed the people and onto the train. They search for an open compartment. Charlotte found one and pulled them into it. Willow tried to get her heart rate down, taking slow-deep breathes. Aurora helped Willow with her bag and they all took their seats.

  Willow likes all her friends but had the strongest bond with the two girls in-front of her. They were like the sister's she never had. She thought they would understand if she told them her secret. Right? 

  "I have to tell you guys something..." The compartment door slide open reveling Blaise and Theo. Theo gave a smile to Willow and Blaise nudged him with his elbow. Theo looked over to Charlotte as if they had a conversation without talking. Maybe it's a Slytherin thing.

  "Can we sit with you guys, every other place is full." Willow knew that wasn't true, she could see an open compartment to the left of Blaise. She assumed the boys just wanted to sit with them but didn't want to verbally tell them.

  "Sure I guess." Charlotte said and the boys set their bags on the rack. Blaise was about to sit next to Willow, but Theo cleared his throat and Blaise moved out of the way to let Theo sit. Willow's eyes went wide and her face glowed red. She looked across the compartment to notice Charlotte and Aurora bidding giggles behind their hands, even Blaise let out a chuckle.

  What was going on. Willow looked out the window to a grassy hill with lilac colored flowers on the horizon. This was going to be an interesting ride home for sure.